|𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4|

"𝑰𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒚."

~~~

Vidyut stretched his arms and snapped his neck to relax his bones. He had been reading all night and lost track of time. It was only when he heard the birds chirping outside, he noticed it was six in the morning.
The weather was chilly but it did nothing to his half-naked body sitting beside the window.

Come on Vidyut! Another day, another battle!

He motivated himself and stood up from the chair he had been sitting on the whole night. His feet walked towards the bathroom so he could shower and go out for a morning walk.

As soon as he stepped into the garden he took in a long breath, eyes closed, hands relaxed, and face tilted up towards the sky. The morning breeze brushed past his body leaving a lingering chilly effect. The winds played a rhythmic encore that ringed in his ears. Day by day the cool and misty breeze of Dehradun was suppressing the flame burning inside him, though very little by little but it was.

There was something peaceful and assuring about this place and the aura it radiated. When he felt his drumming temples relax, he opened his eyes and slightly smiled looking at the passing clouds.

As a child I believed these clouds were travellers, completing a World Tour. I used to see them and imagine how would the world look from that altitude. I wished I could also travel the world.

Now that I've achieved those heights, I see the world so small yet so full of pain and misery. Home is far behind now and though I have it in me to travel the whole world it feels worthless to do so.

No corner of this world is blessed with pure peace. I might see each of these corners and yet be empty from inside. The love, warmth and empathy I was filled with as a child vanished in the air ten years back leaving a hollow gap inside me which I think cannot be refilled again.

Yet when I'm breathing in this air I feel there's still some hope left in this world.

When I saw that little girl smiling and giggling I felt happiness still thrives and will triumph over misery.

This hope, this belief is assuring yet scary. I don't want to come out of my dark only to be pushed into it once again when the world fails me.

"Watch out!" Vidyut heard someone scream from his left. As soon as his eyes turned towards the voice he saw a frisbee flying towards him, and in reflex immediately his right hand raised to his face and catched the freesbee with ease.

"Woah. You didn't even flinch!" said a boy who came running towards Vidyut. He was the same young boy Vidyut had met in the group yesterday. He wore a plain blue hoodie and black joggers with a pair of sneakers, which radiated his genz style well.

Vidyut handed him the frisbee with no reaction.
"Hi I'm Ayush. Would you like to join us?" Vidyut's eyes followed behind Ayush and noticed five more people standing at a distance out of which two faces were new for him.

"No, you guys continue, I'm better alone."

"No one's better alone buddy. Anyways if you wish to join us anytime, you're welcome." Ayush ran back towards the group of people and Vidyut walked ahead.