Logan and I quietly and quickly take out the guards and head inside. Inside there is a faint trail of Dove’s scent and we follow that towards a door where we find her lying on the dirty floor in the fetal position. Turning her over I see multiple scratches and bruises all across her body. But the majority of the bruises are centred on her abdomen and I suddenly fear for the safety of our baby. Her left eye is purple and swollen shut.

I will kill each and every person who dared to hurt my mate. That is a promise.

Just as we were about to leave the door opened and in walked Olivia. She looked way different now than what we were accustomed to with her all black leather look.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? The alpha and my so called mate.” She taunts us.

“Why?” Logan whispered it with so much sorrow.

“Why don’t we ask my dearest cousin? He stole my father away from me, he is the cause I became like this. All my life I’ve been an outcast, my dad only cared about his “mate” and her children but what about me? So imagine my happiness when he wanted to introduce me to his family but then I hear that he has been killed by no other than his own nephew, the nephew he tried to raise as his own ever since his parents died.” She say with tears streaming down her face.

Wait, she is his child?

Logan gets closer to her and lays his hand on her cheek wiping away her tears. The mate bind is a strange thing even though Olivia clearly hurt him but he still wants to comfort her.

“You have got it wrong Liv. Your father kidnapped, raped and tortured Xavier’s mother than sent her remains to his father. Uncle Taron couldn’t take the pain knowing his mate isn’t there anymore so he committed suicide. After that Xavier was moved from a country that he loved to a place where he got abused constantly. The death of your father was due to self-defence since he was tired of being a punching bag for his own amusement. Your father was greedy and jealous who couldn’t take the fact that his brother had it all, a loving family and the title of alpha. He ruined a family and caused a child extensive amount of trauma just because of his own inferiority complex.”

Hearing Logan recount my life’s tale was like forcefully removing a scab from an injury. Even after all these years of therapy it still hurts and I wish he was still alive so I could invent new ways to torture and kill him and his family all over again.

I could tell that she didn’t believe Logan based on the crazed look she has in her eyes. “No. You are lying, he was a wonderful guy. His brother tricked him for the alpha title. He was perfect and you killed him so now I’m going to make you feel the same thing I felt starting with your baby and mate.” She says while pushing Logan away.

She says an incantation and flames appear around Dove and I. Gradually the flames starts to climb up my feet towards my legs. I hold Dove the best way possible so that the flames dot reach her but soon it would be a worthless cause.

“Baby, let’s leave them, they don’t deserve you. We can go back and you can be the alpha and I your Luna. Eventually we will rule the werewolf kingdom.” I look at Logan as the flames climb higher to my thighs. He is caught at a crossroad of whether leaving with his psychotic mate or rescuing us.

I try to not let my emotions show but I’m hurt when I see Logan hugging her. With nothing left to do I hug Dove closer to me and hope that we meet in the afterlife. This time I would be the perfect mate to her. My only regret is not seeing our unborn baby and giving her a family she always dreamed off.

Just as I lose all hope Logan does something I didn’t expect him to do. One moment he’s hugging her and the next moment her body drops to the floor with a big chunk of her neck missing. As soon as her body drops the flames disappear with no indication that they were even there in the first place. Logan turns around and wipes his bloody mouth with his shirt like nothing happened.

“We should get her to the hospital.” He says pulling me out of shock

Did he just kill his mate for us?

Walking back out I see most of Olivia’s men are dead and the ones that survived are in sliver handcuffs on their knees with my warriors surrounding them. I want to kill them all but some of them may have been dragged into this by force.

“I will count to five and anyone who wishes to join my pack may do so otherwise you will all be killed.” After my announcent two guys, one with a wife and a small baby and the other by himself move toward us and stand behind my men. I nod at my head warrior to continue with our plan with the rest who refused to join us.

Turning my mate who lays peacefully in my lap, I pray to the moon goddess that she and our child make it through this. In the distance I see smoke from where Olivia’s warehouse once stood.