CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: DANDELIONS

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, my heart fills with happiness and contentment, conquering the loneliness, at least I have him here with me.

"Come with me, let's take a pic. Dad wants to have a picture with the three of us and he also said he wanted it to be framed and hung― "

Wayne paused from his cute giddy rambling when he glance at me,  finally took notice in my appearance.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He stepped in front of me, he tilted my head by my chin, making me to look up at him.

I hummed flashing him a tight lipped smile, "nothing." I uttered.

Wayne's brows furrowed, giving his handsome face a look of sadness. "Don't lie, I know there's something wrong." He wiped the corner of my eyes by his thumb and just then, I realized that I was crying.

My lips wobbled and my tears stream down my cheeks, I can't hold them anymore and throw myself on him, burying my wet face on his chest and released the sadness of my heart as I cry pathetically.

Wayne's hands were immediately on my back, rubbing circles and in up and down motion as he comforted me.

"Shhhh it's okay, I'm here, let it out."

Everything blurred, the sounds of other people's laughter, the music played on the speaker sound muffled on my ears. My vision unfocused as tears blocked my eyelids and I couldn't stop them from falling.

I cried out all the sadness that receded in my heart for a long time, I cried out the longing I felt for my real parents. The reality that they won't be here even if I'll pray a million times.

I can only cry, burying my face on his chest and cried for a good few minutes.

My sobs and Wayne's heartbeat is the only sound that manages to get through me, and the rumbling of his chest when he whispers sweet nothings to my ears.

I stayed there for as long as I could, and Wayne just let me. And I can't thank him enough. He caresses my back until I calmed down.

And in that moment, I feel cared and welcomed, I feel at home.

"Are you okay now?"

I pulled my face away from his now wet chest, his hands instantly on my cheeks wiping the wetness away and then to my jaw, guided my head to look at him.

He didn't ask me why I was crying but I knew that he already knew why.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He's voice were full with worry and reassurance, looking at me with concern that I realize I can always count on him.

Lean on him when everything feels heavy, depend on him, when everything seems against me.

But I think talking about my issues in this kind of situation doesn't fit well. We should be happy that we graduated and not feel down because of something that happened from the past.

No need to dwell in negative emotions on this 'should be happy event'.

Composing myself, this time, instead of a pained smile, I showed him a real one, with the genuine emotions I felt right now.

Happiness and love for this male.

"Later?"

"Okay, but make sure to tell me or I'll punish you little angel."

My cheeks burn up by his words, I still can't get used to him calling me 'little angel' instead of baby. And oh, his punishment always made me feel strange on my body, I always felt hot and bothered.

"Yes, I promise." I shyly say, peeking at him under my lashes.

I hear Wayne groan and he reaches his hands on my shoulders, gripping it and pulling me to him. He leaned down and captured my lips on his, moving slowly, setting a rhythm that had my heart pounding.