comfort (percy jackson)

percy jackson x fem!child of apollo!reader

takes place during tlt but before the quest ig cause luke isn't a traitor yet

lowercase intended

(^ made a separate percy banner from the normal walker one everyone cheer)

a breeze tousled your hair as you sat on the sidelines of the combat arena (i think thats what it's called i havent read the books in 5 years bear with me). as a child of apollo, you were often assigned to supervise the sword-fighting lessons and duels in case of a medical emergency. with the lack of injuries and hot weather it often got unbearably boring, but that's not to say you didn't enjoy the view when people like percy jackson and luke castellan were training. you and luke had been friends for a few years, but percy had only arrived at camp a few weeks ago and you were yet to officially meet him. the two of you had exchanged glances every now and then, and sure you thought he was cute but-

"y/n!" a yell unpleasantly pulled you from your daydream. you shot out of your seat and noticed an unconscious percy next to a slightly frantic luke. you rushed over, mumbling apologies for your lack of attention.

"sorry, sorry. what on earth happened?" you asked, voice raising with concern.

"i guess i forgot how inexperienced he is and he forgot to block my swing. he just collapsed, i didn't even hit him that hard!" luke spoke, panicking more by the minute. (panicking cause he wants percy to join kronos smh. little bitch)

"okay, it's okay, i got this," you had never dealt with an unconscious person before, just tiny cuts that barely count as injuries. "just let me, uh, i don't know-"

"take him to the infirmary dumbass!" a random passerby snapped you out of it again.

grabbing percy's arm and flinging it over your shoulder, luke helped you maneuver it so you were half-carrying half-dragging him towards the infirmary.

~ ~ ~

you jumped slightly as thunder shook the walls of the infirmary. you had been asked to sit next to percy overnight because nobody was sure how serious his head injury was, but somehow the mist around camp half-blood that kept the storms out had malfunctioned and it was pouring rain. you had heard whispers of a revived titan disrupting the mist, but whatever. that wasn't important right now.

the son of poseidon was still yet to wake up, and you were starting to get concerned. almost as if the gods heard your thoughts, percy's eyes snapped open that moment at a particularly agressive shake of thunder.

he sat up, stretching and rubbing his neck awkwardly as he looked at you. "uh, hi? you're y/n right?"

"yeah. sorry about the storm. how's your head feeling?" you asked.

"it's alright, a bit achey though." he replied, his eyes fleeting around the room as he took in his surroundings, until they finally landed on you again. "do you-" his sentence was cut off by another loud shake of thunder that had the both of you flinching and percy clutching his head.

you frowned at his sudden pain, quickly standing from your chair. "i'll go get you some water, maybe that will help-"

you were silenced by percy's hand wrapping around your wrist, causing you to stumble a bit.

"no, i don't need water. just please don't leave me." you looked at him for a moment, his pleading eyes reminding you of a golden retriever. you nodded silently, taking a seat next to him on the bed when he scooted over to make room.

you froze when his head fell on your shoulder, his eyes falling shut. "your dad is apollo, right?"

"uh, yeah. why?" you asked, slightly flustered by the boy's sudden closeness.

"can you sing me something?" his eyes fluttered open again, flicking up to your face briefly as the pain from his headache became clear on his face.

you looked at him for a moment, taking in his vulnerable state. "oh, uh, of course."

you began to sing softly as percy's breaths became shallower. once it was clear he was asleep, you uncomfortably tried to stand up, only for his arm to shoot out and wrap around your arm again.

"no," he murmured, barely awake, "stay."

a/n

106K READS HOOOLY SHIT. sorry this imagine is kinda dry and has a shitty ending i just needed to start getting through requests

thank u all SOOOO much for the sudden support on this book it truly means the world. i've been writing on wattpad for four years and i've never received this much love

hearts for all of u 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼