Chapter 3: Mystical Welcome

The next morning bathed the academy in the soft glow of dawn, and Astrid stood once more before the office of the headmasters. The enchanted door creaked open.

Astrid's gaze remained unwavering as she stood in the office of the headmasters, the air thick with the weight of unspoken mysteries. "I'm here for my uniform and schedule," she declared with a firmness.

Headmaster Nyx Mirage delivers a sarcastic tone accompanied by a mischievous glint in their golden eyes, a subtle smirk playing on their lips, and a lighthearted yet slightly theatrical tone. "Good morning to you too Astrid."

Interjecting with grace, Headmaster Catherine imparted, "Astrid, dear, Fae, your personal pixie assistant will be the one guiding to your dorm. Should you need guidance or have inquiries about the academy, do not hesitate to seek her guidance. Your dorm room awaits."

Astrid with a hint of curiosity turn towards the gaze headmaster Catherine seems to be pointing at. Her gaze landed upon a little winged creature with light brown hair and a vibrant blue headband, accompanied by the soft rustle of a magical single sleeve water dress that seemed to flow endlessly. Her eyes, a mesmerizing gray, sparkled with an otherworldly charm.

Astrid's stoic facade remained intact, yet a fleeting curiosity flickered in her gaze as she observed Fae.

Fae's small form pulsed with magical energy as she hovered near Astrid. With a subtle twirl, Fae released a sprinkle of iridescent pixie dust into the air. The enchanting particles shimmered and swirled, weaving intricate patterns that spelled out a delicate "hello" suspended in the atmosphere. It was a silent and ethereal greeting, a manifestation of Fae's unique form of communication through the enchanting medium of pixie dust.

--

Astrid, with her guarded demeanor, exchanged glances with Fae, the small pixie fluttering alongside her. Fae, expressing herself through delicate gestures, pointed the way with enthusiasm. Astrid's eyes, usually emotionless, showed a hint of curiosity as she observed Fae's animated communication. The pixie, emitting a subtle glow, crafted a trail of sparkling dust to leading the way to her dorm room.

Astrid remarked, "Why can't everyone emulate your silent, Fae? Quiet and only speaks when necessary."

Her eyes, typically guarded, subtly widened for a moment, acknowledging the peculiar yet endearing gestures of the tiny magical companion. Though her expression remained neutral, there was a restrained lean forward, a silent acknowledgment of an unspoken connection with the mystical being guiding her through the enchanted corridors of Ethereal Nexus Academy.

Fae responded with an innocent shrug, her tiny wings fluttering in a delicate motion.

After a short walk through the corridors the winged creature halted before a partially wooden door adorned with thorny rose vines and crimson blooms. Two doorknobs crafted in the shape of intricately carved red roses adorned the halfway door, and a closed vision panel each added an air of mystery to the entrance.

Astrid's POV

W

ith a twist of the two doorknobs on the halfway door, I managed to swing it open, revealing the interior of the dorm room. On one side, a girl lays on her bed, her belly flat against the mattress, engrossed in a book. She seem to have a porcelain-like skin that emitted a subtle glow. Her long, pure white hair cascaded down her back, adorned with small bell-shaped flowers emitting a soft, enchanting fragrance. Draped in a gown of white, green, and silver, Her attire mirrored the colors of a familiar flower.

Though I cannot identify which type.

She seemed to have realized my presence. It cannot be denied that she has an enchanting beauty, when she turned to look, her emerald green eyes exuded mystery and elegance, gazing upon mine. I then shifted my gaze towards the other half of the room appeared rather plain, featuring a bed identical in size to her's.

With an enchanting smile, she looked up from her book. "Hello, new roommate! I'm Lily of the Valley. Welcome to our little magical abode." Lily's voice carried a light, cheerful tone.

I, responded, with silence "..."

I realized...her attire mirrored the flower with the same name.

Lily continued, "Well, Astrid, we're going to have the most enchanted time together. Trust me, this academy is full of surprises!"

Astrid, with a deadpan expression, replied, "Surprises. Great. As long as they don't involve sacrificing me to some magical creature, we'll get along just fine."

Lily, brimming with enthusiasm, "Hey, do you want me to sprinkle some magic on your side of the room? The headmasters does not allow me to do it, because they say;

Lily, with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes, mimicked Headmaster Catherine's gentle tone, "Oh, Lily, dear, we must respect the arrangements. The other side is reserved for your potential roommate. Let's follow the guidelines, shall we?"

Lily, her eyes gleaming with excitement, pressed, "Come on, Astrid! Let's add some magic to your space. The headmasters might not approve, but who cares? It's our room now. Say yes, and we'll turn it into a haven of wonders!"

I closed the distance, leaving only 3 inches between us, with my piercing gaze I questioned Lily, "How did you even know my name?"

Lily chuckled, her carefree demeanor undisturbed by my inquiry. "This is Witcheria, babe. Magic reveals what words don't say. So is it a yes?"

Without hesitance, I replied "No."

Lily replied "Killjoy. Wait. Don't you have unpacking to do?"

With a note of sarcasm checking my palm combined with my expressionless monotone "Wait let me check my Grand plan: Enter realm. Unpack nothing. Hmm...not on the list. Let me check what's next: Sleep in new bed. Yipiee."

--

I reclined on my bed, the room dimly lit by the soft glow of enchanted orbs. With an eerie stillness, I closed my eyes, my arms crossing above my chest like a somber sentinel of slumber, resembling a figure lost in the tranquility of death.

With a hint of concern, Lily asked. "Do you always sleep like that?"

"I apologize. I am asleep now so I cannot reply to your inquiry." I responded.

Silence enveloped the room, and the absence of a reply lingered in the air. Unfazed, My eyes remained closed, as I succumbed to the embrace of sleep.

________

________

LILY OF THE VALLEY

________