#3 - The Forgotten Pieces

The return of the scary father-son duo.

And a wave of memories from the past for those who love him.

.
.
.

[Sung Hyunjae's POV]

The news of the kidnapping of the Kuznetsov and Koshka heirs was like a fire sprinkled with oil on a prairie.

The news spread widely through social media, TV channels, radio and so on.

Because of his own position as the heir of two prominent families in Russia, he was almost on par with the princes and princesses of a country's kingdom. The danger of his family's retaliation alone would have been a low-level disaster.

Sung Hyunjae found himself scanning the news on the tablet with a calm, almost blank, inexpressive face. Golden eyes stared ahead with an unfocused gaze, as he recalled a memory of the moment he gave the youngest a warning, which was quickly brushed off with a lighthearted scoff.

"Didn't I tell you, Misha?" grumbled Hyunjae as he tilted his head slightly. There was now a small grin on his face.

"Rascal. Anyways, why go out alone without a guardian?" he muttered lowly.

"If you had gone with me, it wouldn't have happened-" speech trailed off as that ridiculous thought crossed his mind. Dull gold eyes widened in surprise at himself, that he had the initiative to feel that way.

You can't.

The heir of Sung should not feel things like this. Which according to the head of his family, was a weakness.

As far back as Hyunjae could remember from when he first came to his senses until now, only the Lord's training had been the pillar of his emotions. That he must not feel this or feel that. Everything was forbidden, because it could hinder the activities that would be passed down to him.

Mr. Sung taught him to be empty.

And to cover it up, he learned to make masks.

A mask for dealing with his opponent's emotions.

So, Sung Hyunjae survived until now thanks to this teaching.

Until he met the young heir of Kuznetsov and Koshka.

Hyunjae has prepared himself and various scenarios to deal with the Young Master who he believes is whiny, spoiled, and clingy.

And he was right. His first impression of the red-haired heir was as clear as his guess. He watched with dead eyes as the boy received kisses from both parents with weak protests but eventually accepted while giving a small laugh.

Later, he was taken for a walk around the front yard of the family manor. When Hyunjae ventured to ask, the boy answered without hesitation with eyes that grew bored as they glanced at him.