Chapter 15

Sometimes Tori failed to remember that outside of who he was to her, Jayson was adored by basketball fans across the world

His athletic ability and reputation transcended beyond sports and made him a celebrity, regardless of how much he rebuked the title.

Smiling as he posed for a picture with NFL legend Tom Brady, Tori took a step back so the children in attendance could have their time with their sporting heroes.

She didn't know how Jayson did, running on only a few hours of sleep he still managed to put a smile on the face of everyone that he engaged with.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" A rather pretty light-skinned woman whose name tag read 'Alicia' asked as she pointed to the chair bedside Tori.

"Go for it." She smiled politely, not paying the woman much mind at all.

"Do you work for Jayson?" The woman asked the tone of her voice suggesting she already knew the answer to her question, instantly forcing Tori to be on guard.

"No, I'm his girlfriend." She explained.

"Oh, my bad." Alicia said using her fingers to cover her mouth in shock, although Tori didn't buy her clueless act for a second.

There was something off about her.

"So you're the girlfriend they were speaking about in the blogs a few weeks ago?" Alicia asked.

There it was.

"Regardless, it's not any of your business." Tori told her matter of factly.

"I'm a journalist, regardless if you want it to be. It is." She said, smiling sarcastically.

Alicia took a more urban approach to her journalism, it was her rough around-the-edge interview style that put her in the space she was as a journalist.

Her looks also attributed to her career, it was something she knew and played upon, earning her the reputation of some kind of media vixen.

Regardless of what her profession was, she had no right at all to say anything to Tori about her relationship or what she thought she knew of it.

"I don't know who you think you are, but my man nor my relationship is any of your concern. I'm sure you're here to write about the players, not talk shit about a situation you know nothing about."

"Honestly, I hope you stay up on that high horse. I'll be the first one to report when Jayson does get tired and leave you." She said menacingly.

"You're pretty, but you're not that impressive." Alicia continued.

"And you are?" Tori scoffed.

With that, Tori walked away from Alicia going to take a seat on the other side of the the court so she could continue to watch Jayson play with the children.