Chapter 6

A match up against LeBron and the Lakers allowed Jayson to get physical and play out his frustrations on the court

Two days had passed since he and Tori shared more than a few words with one another and in all honesty, he was ready to put an end to their fight.

"That was a hell of a game, playa!" LeBron smiled wide, dapping Jayson before pulling him into a hug.

"It was." Jayson laughed. "You guys almost had us."

Out scoring the Lakers by 14 in the fourth quarter, Celtics came away with the win to add to their near perfect record since the opening of the season.

"I'ma see y'all later?" Bron asked curiously.

"Most definitely, big bro." Jayson confirmed, shaking the older man's hand before heading into the tunnel that led to their changing room for the night.

Following behind Jayden into the changing room, both men were met with a round of applause from their teammates and staff.

"Gentlemen, you combined for 69 points. Well done on a flawless night!" Joe congratulated them, making the room erupt in cheers.

As nice as the acknowledgment was, Jayson's mind was elsewhere. Or more specifically, on someone.

Tonight had to be the night he made things right between them, as offended as he was by what she'd done, he knew he could have handled things better.

On the other side of the arena, Tori sat waiting for Jayson to do his required press so they could head back to the hotel.

Sitting in the family and friends lounge, she sat at a table by herself, phone in hand as she sorted through her emails.

"You mind if I take this seat?" A thick, yet velvety voice asked making Tori look up to find a handsome dark skinned man smiling down at her.

"Yes, I'm waiting for somebody." She explained before putting her attention back of her phone.

"Well, maybe I can keep you company? My name's Stefon." He smiled holding out his hand for her to take.

"My names Tori, but I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate me letting another man keep me company." She politely declined.