𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

‧₊˚ ⋅ 𓐐𓎩 ‧₊˚ ⋅

‧₊˚ ⋅ 𓐐𓎩 ‧₊˚ ⋅

january 5th, 1999

to neither of your surprises, your relationship grew. within less than a month the two of you were could feel yourselves falling in love.

"i can't believe you've never seen this movie," your head on rested on his chest while his arm was wrapped around you.

the two of you were in your apartment, watching the 1991 film 'march comes in like a lion'.

"i don't watch movies," he laughed.

"how?"

"what do you mean how? i just don't have the time."

"oh but you have the time to sit at my work for like three hours at a time?" you questioned.

"that's different. i can always make time for a pretty girl."

"you making time for any other ones?"

he shook his head. "there are no other ones as far as i'm concerned. no one can beat my (y/n)."

moments like these confused you, the two of you weren't exactly dating but you definitely weren't friends. you hadn't been in a situation like that since your high school days. you always figured it would've been more straight forward as an adult. you couldn't have been further from wrong.

the following morning, you found yourself in bed alone, wearing his dress shirt from the night before. you knew exactly what had happened, it was something you could never forget. that's what made everything finally begin.

'his (y/n)? his (y/n) my ass. who does that to a woman? so i'm just getting treated like i'm a one night stand now,' you paced around the ramen house angrily.

"something the matter, dear?" mr. sasaki asked.

"men," you huffed out, refilling his cup with steaming hot green tea. "stupid, stupid men."

"i take it that young man thats been visiting you has been a pain, hasn't he?"

"no, that's the worst part! he's been like totally perfect up until last night, he did something totally out of character for him," you sighed. "it's past when we would normally come in for lunch too."

you didn't normally make yourself vulnerable, in fact you had a pretty tough guard despite your warm and friendly demeanour. but, of course korogane was different. he was ideal. you were blinded by his looks, his charming personality, that you rushed in with him. you were beginning to second guess that.

another hour had passed, the restaurant was empty, your boss was out in osaka and the cook was sitting in the back room watching television. you were keeping yourself busy by wiping down the counters and tables.

"looks like we've got the place to ourselves again," a familiar voice spoke as the chimes above the door made their tune.

"what're you doing here?" you asked as he sat down.

"lunch, of course! or i guess more like an early dinner now," he chuckled. "what's with the face? you look upset, did your boss say something again?"

"he isn't here," you continued cleaning, your back turned towards korogane.

"then what's the matter?"

"are you serious, ryushi?" you let out a small scoff. "really? you're seriously asking me that?"

"you're mad about last night, aren't you? i swear it seems worse than it is."

"what it seems like is that i gave myself vulnerable to you and then woke up to see the man i gave myself to was no where to be seen," you crossed your arms.

"i know, i know but i promise it's not like that. i forgot i had promised a buddy of mine that'd i'd help him out with some things early morning. i knew you had work so i didn't want to interrupt your sleep, i thought that would be the nice thing to do," he muttered the last bit.

"are you lying?"

"what? no, of course not. i would never leave you in a position like that on purpose. i didn't know you paid that much mind to it, i'm sorry."

most of what he said was the truth. he would never intentionally hurt you and he truly believed he was being kind by allowing you to sleep. but of course, the 'buddy' didn't exist.

"just.. leave a note or something next time, okay?" all that anger you pent up disappeared after you saw the sincerity in his eyes.

"i should've done that the first time. i'll do better, i promise."

"you better," you grinned. "now, how about i get your soup?"

 "now, how about i get your soup?"