𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

‧₊˚ ⋅ 𓐐𓎩 ‧₊˚ ⋅

‧₊˚ ⋅ 𓐐𓎩 ‧₊˚ ⋅

december 13th, 1998

"it's been a few days, what have you been up to?" you asked as you served korogane his usual order.

"i was in kyoto for the weekend."

"that must've been nice. just a visit?" you asked, taking a seat since it wasn't busy in the slightest.

"just for some work thing, nothing more really," he responded.

"lucky, i wish i could travel for work.." you rested your chin in the palm of your hand, reminiscing on the life you were working to obtain.

"maybe after you graduate university that'll be an option."

"if i go to university," you laughed a bit. "anywho, i have a bone to pick with you, korogane."

"here we go," he laughed with you, knowing what you had wanted to discuss.

"why'd you lie about your name?"

"it's just weird having a stranger know who you are, you know? but, you seem like a trustworthy person so i changed my mind. i lie about my name all the time for work so it's like habit at this point if i'm being honest," he explained.

"so you lie about your name and get to travel around japan? what do you even do?" you tilted your head curiously.

"well, mainly customer service for a tech company, i travel with them for conferences. then when i'm on the phone i give customer's bullshit names incase i fuck up," he lied so flawlessly.

"mainly? so you work more than one job?"

"a few, for friends mainly. just some side stuff, being a concierge doesn't put a ton of food on the table but it's fine i guess, don't got to do much."

"ah, a tech-company concierge who doesn't have his own phone. that's a first."

"you want to cough up the money for me to pay for a phone bill on top of rent, groceries and power?" he jokingly asked.

"well-"

"(y/n)." your boss entered the room.

"fuck, the grump woke up," you whispered with a sigh. "yeah, yeah i know, no mingling on the clock, my bad."

"don't let it happen again," he huffed before heading into the kitchen.

"seems like i'm not your first" korogane faked a pout. "i really thought we had something special here, (l/n)."

"oh shush, you may not be the first but your definitely the youngest, and best looking," you joked.

"well, i already knew that," he grinned. "so, you weren't joking about the grump thing?" korogane said with a chuckle.

"nope. you know, if we were a busy ramen house then i'd get it but i do everything i'm asked of, clean the place top to bottom when i have free time, and he doesn't do shit! he sits in his apartment all day while the cook and i do everything down here," you ranted.

"hm, what time are you off?" he asked.

"like an hour and a half-ish, why?"

"well, i'll finish my food then wait for you to get off. we can find something to do to get your mind off of the grump. my afternoon is free anyways."

"you sure? i had some errands to run after work."

"then i'll just run them with you," he assured. "go, go, don't want you getting yelled at."

you smiled and you got up from the booth.

without even realising it, you had stolen korogane's heart. he didn't know what it was about you that made him so drawn to you. you had made him a bit softer in a way, thinking about your pure, innocent and lifeful eyes as he stared into his victims before watching them draw their final breath. making him feel a sense of guilt for the first time, that was a completely unheard of feeling for the professional killer.

he had only known you for a matter of days, thinking love at first sight was just a saying hopeless romantics swore by. you showed him it was real.

 you showed him it was real