Chapter 25: Destructive Force

Start from the beginning

The other guard looked to the first and nodded, "Sorry, we just have to monitor those who come into the city. There is an inn further to the center of town, be careful." he said as the first guard stood down.

"Have a good night gentlemen," Ryoto says walking up the steps completely and beginning to walk on the street. He glanced over his shoulder briefly as he noted the guards seemed to at least be honest. 

Once he was out of earshot he muttered his thoughts to himself, "I could go to the palace... but that would be a lot of people. I could sneak in... No... if I want to talk to someone in particular it's going to be a problem." He rubs the back of his neck and yawns, "Maybe I can get a little nap in first, it would be boring just to wait..." 

Continuing down the streets, he began to take note of each alleyway and crevice he could use to his advantage. Turning down one alley he swiftly flew to the rooftop and landed. "High ground is always a good place to start a fight." He says stifling a yawn. His eyes flicked over the walls of the buildings as he hopped from roof to roof toward the center of town. "Could try and funnel where the fight has to be. Maybe some points of cover for both sides. Give me a challenge and limit the injuries on both sides."

His shoulders slumped as he hit the center of town, leaping down to the street once more and looking towards the palace, grumbling. "I gotta tell someone..." he mutters heading up the steps to the doors which were guarded. Taking on a more amicable tone he spoke up, "I have come at the behest of Princess Vivi. I request an audience with the one in charge of organizing the troops."

The guard to the right looked at the strange figure, "I'm afraid we can not fulfill this request at this time. Chaka is very busy readying the royal army."

"I don't think you understand. I am not just requesting. I am demanding to meet with Chaka. Immediately. Time is not on our side." Ryoto growled out eyes flicking over the man, landing on a tattoo that barely peeked out from under the uniform armor. His eyes then shifted to the other man who was clear of any markings. 

The tattooed guard looked at the bird-masked figure, crossing his blade in front of the entrance. The other guard followed suit, "I'm sorry, but you will have to leave." He says kindly but also firmly.

"I suggest you let me in. I can not leave. Not when things are so important." Ryoto says, voice shifting to a gentler tone when speaking to the kind guard. Upon the replied shake of the man's head, Ryoto sighed feeling awkward. "I tried to be nice. Sorry about this," he says before swiftly moving forward and striking the kind man in the base of his neck causing him to crumple to the ground. 

In the same motion, Ryoto turned and pulled one of his sickles out, clashing with the spear of the baroque worker. He shifted out of the way before releasing the clash of blades, allowing the man to lurch forward. Ryoto's fist slammed into the man's stomach and launched him back across the landing before the doors. The man's helmet clattered down the steps behind him.

As the man coughed up his supper onto the ground while trying to get himself onto his feet once more, a black-gloved hand gripped his hair and pulled his head back. The sharp inner curve of the blade sliced through his throat while aiming the man away from the main door. Blood immediately erupted from the wound and sprayed across the ground as the man clutched at his throat trying to stop the blood in vain. A quick jolt to the back of the man's skull had him fall into the growing puddle of blood, unconscious and in a state of rapidly bleeding out. 

Ryoto flicked his weapon before using part of the man's cape to clean the blood entirely off of the blade before sheathing it once again. He then pulled the man's sleeve up and off of the tattooed arm, revealing the baroque work tattoo to the world. "Unfortunately, you didn't just let me in. Would have let you live to the next morning at least."