⁷⁷. 𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑒𝑚𝑦

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Why is a Kree like yourself helping Terrans?" he asked.

"That's none of your business," (Y/N) spat at him.

"On the contrary, little one," he got up to his full height, still towering over her body. "Your business includes my destiny."

(Y/N) glared at him, her eyes glowing in the process. The sight of it made him smirk out of all things, like he was expecting her to do that. He laughed in her face, although the look on his servant, Ebony Maw, was a lot more serious.

"Sire," he called again. "Perhaps she is who Ronan had warned us about."

The name rang a bell in (Y/N)'s mind. She grinned, putting up a harsh exterior. "Ronan? He cowered of fear last time I saw him."

"I do not understand why," Thanos replied. He knelt down on the ground in front of her again and grabbed her harshly by the jaw. "You are nothing."

He dropped her jaw, making her lower her head. "But that doesn't mean you can't be useful."

He got up and extended a hand to one of his subjects, who handed him his double-sided blade. (Y/N) could only stare in horror as he raised it in the air and drew it at her neck, inches away from drawing blood. Her breath hitched since she thought that if she made a single movement, it would be over for her.

"The Nebula you accompanied had a device with her," he began in a slow way. "You should have a similar one. Hand it over, and you won't have to suffer."

The thought of Nebula being in the same situation as her made her heart drop, but she raised her head to look at the titan in the eye. "Never."

"I was expecting that answer."

He swerved the blade one way, sliding it across (Y/N)'s cheek in a clean cut. She hissed at the pain and could feel the cold, metallic blood begin to ooze out of the injury, but she didn't want to give him the reaction he was looking for.

"We'll have to rip that device off your corpse," Ebony Maw was the first to threaten.

"No," Thanos argued back. "We find what makes her crack. Search her memories."

"Yes, sire."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

A final blow was delivered at her jaw. She fell on the hard floor, her head almost smacking against it. A groan left her lips at the defeat, although she was too prideful to accept defeat. She found herself back in that old training room, back in a planet she never knew she would revisit again. And based on everything surrounding her, it seemed like she couldn't have a say in what was unraveling.

"I slipped," she found herself defending.

"Right. You slipped," Yon-Rogg, her opponent and her team commander and leader answered. "As a result of me punching you in the face."

"Is that sarcasm? I feel that as a verbal threat," she snapped back, standing up from the floor. "I was slipping when you punched me in the face."

He smiled and took slow steps toward her. "You're spending too much time with Vers."

"It's not necessarily a bad thing."