¹⁵. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) got herself up to her own feet after the explosion and bolted out of the lab, trying not to bump into any of the other alarmed agents in the helicarrier because of the abrupt attack. She wanted to be prepared in case she needed to help in any sort of way, rushing through the long hallways to enter the control room, which was far away from where she stood.

"Hill!" she heard Fury call from the comms in her ear, turning a harsh corner at the end of the hallway and avoided the smoke that was blowing out of a damaged vent.

"External detonation. Number three engine is down," Maria answered through comms.

"We've been hit."

"Can they get it running?" Maria questioned with a demanding voice. "Talk to me!"

"Turbine looks mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there to make repairs while we're in the air," a male agent informed.

There was a moment of pause before Maria activated her comms again. "Somebody's got to get outside and patch that engine."

"Stark, you copy that?" Fury asked.

"I'm on it."

Satisfied with the answer, Fury moved on with the orders. "Coulson, initiate defensive lockdown in the detention section, then get to the armory."

"Romanoff."

Natasha took her time to answer, and when she did, there was some sort of strain behind her voice. "We're okay."

"Vaughn," At the sound of her name, (Y/N) lost speed in her step and waited for the instruction, pressing one hand against the wall so she could stabilize herself and catch her breath. "I need you to assist Stark and steady the helicarrier of you can."

(Y/N) felt a pit in her stomach because of the difficulty of the task, but she tried to distract herself from any bad outcome and answered. "Copy that."

(Y/N) whirled on her heel and now ran a totally different way, heading toward the damaged engine that needed repairs as soon as possible. She still did her best in passing by people without bumping into them, but when she got to the near end where the engine was, she nearly bumped against a red, white and blue suit.

Steve was following right behind Tony and (Y/N) didn't have to ask to know that he was going in the same direction as her. Both men, having heard the order she had received, didn't question her whereabouts as the three entered a storage room that was on the way.