¹¹. 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝐹𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠

📍S

📍S.H.I.E.L.D. HELICARRIER
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

AFTER visiting New York for a short time, Coulson decided to stay behind in the city for one extra day so he could be on the same jet as the famous Captain Steve Rogers, who had been found in the ice after being stuck there for almost 70 years. (Y/N) did not argue with Coulson's decision, since she could see the joy behind his eyes, and flew back to the helicarrier, where Fury and the rest of the organization was.

Her and Natasha were currently heading towards the landing zone of the helicarrier because Coulson's jet was arriving in any second, so the two women were planning to receive him and the Captain once they landed.

Since it was a long walk from the control room to the landing zone, Natasha had asked (Y/N) for details about what had happened back in the facility and how was Clint compromised, since the redhead held a strong relationship with the man and couldn't help but worry about his whereabouts. (Y/N) told her everything, from the portal opening to the explosion of the building.

After she finished retelling the situation, Natasha stayed silent for a moment and turned back to (Y/N). "You know, even after being here for a while, I've never seen you in action."

(Y/N) adjusted the cuffs of her aviator jacket and let out a sound that was a mix of a scoff and a laugh. "Really? That's all?"

"That's all I can say right now," Natasha defended, her red hair blowing from the strong wind. "It's just. . .I'm curious to see how it looks like."

"You're not going to see it anytime soon, trust me," (Y/N) told her with a confident tone, even though the words Fury had told her back in the facility still rang in her head.

Natasha smacked her lips like she thought otherwise, but she wasn't going to keep pressing onto the matter. The wind around them grew stronger and an engine roaring rang through her ears, indicating that a jet was approaching the zone. (Y/N) looked up just in time to see how the jet was beginning to lose speed and lower itself down onto the place where the aircraft signalmen were gesturing to.

The jet's engine began to shut down and the rear door opened, allowing Coulson and the alleged Captain America to step outside. The man was blond and tall, wearing a squared shirt with a jacket over it.

"Agent Romanoff and Lieutenant Vaughn, this is Captain Rogers," Coulson presented with a smile, looking back at the man beside him.

Steve Rogers smiled politely at the two women. "Ladies."

(Y/N) returned the smile to him. "Pleasure to meet you."