¹⁸. 𝐴𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝐴𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑑

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

BY the time (Y/N) returned to Clint and Natasha's side, they had everything under control. They were both firing at every Chitauri that stepped in their radar and Steve had joined them in the last second, using his shield to fight through the aliens.

(Y/N) saw how Clint was busy in shooting his arrows at the Chitauri in the right, that he wasn't paying attention at the ones that were sneaking up behind him. Without thinking, (Y/N) raised a balled fist and blasted off the alien, knocking it out cold, the sound catching Clint's attention.

"Thanks," he muttered out of breath.

(Y/N) was about to say something when Natasha let out a cry that related to a cheer. "Finally!"

An exasperated laugh escaped (Y/N)'s lips. "Did it fulfill your expectations?"

"It certainly did."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes playfully and saw the upcoming Chitauri soldiers coming their way with raised weapons, but before she could raise her hands and do anything, they were all struck by lightning from above at the same time. This made her look up in the air and see Thor's figure approaching the ground with his hammer in his hand.

Once Thor hit the ground, Steve approached him. "What's the story upstairs?"

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable," Thor told him, frustration evident in his voice.

"Thor's right," Tony's voice returned. "We got to deal with these guys."

Natasha looked amongst the group. "How do we do this?"

"As a team."

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor spoke up with his eyes following Steve.

Clint scoffed while he fiddled with one of his arrows. "Yeah? Well, get in line."

"Save it," Steve said to him. "Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top. He's gonna need us — "

A motorcycle engine cut him off guard, and he looked behind his shoulder to see who it was and immediately recognized the person. Bruce Banner was slowing down the motorbike through the rubble and crashed cars, wearing disheveled clothes and joining the team halfway.

"So, this all seems horrible," he awkwardly said.

"I've seen worse," Natasha eyed him up and down.