୨⎯ chapter 12 ⎯୧

courtney's pov:

i was sitting at the small desk the cabin had with a mirror. bridgette was behind me curling my hair. 'so, you and duncan?' she asks. 'absolutely not! he's so obnoxious and weird and bad and really really cu...' my voice trails off, 'um, confusing! he's really confusing.'

bridgette rolls her eyes, she didn't believe me. 'you know he asked me to make out in the woods-' i start, 'he did what?!' she squealed, 'what did you say?' she smirks. 'i didn't say anything..' i reply.

i did want to say something, i'm not sure what i would've said if i did.. i don't know if i like duncan- i don't think i do, he's so annoying- but at the same time.. he's really cute sometimes.. ew! no! courtney what are you thinking?

'wow, waste of an opportunity.' bridgette giggles and sets the curling iron down. 'your hair is done.' bridgette then takes her hair down and grabs her hoodie.

we walk outside and walk over to the fire, bridgette sits with geoff and i sit on the ground beside them. i look around, 'where's duncan?' i ask geoff. 'i think he went to the dock.' he answered.

i stand up slowly , trying not to make it obvious that i wanted to see him , 'leaving so soon?' gwen asks, hand in hand with trent. 'she's going to see her so called, friend' bridgette answers for me. i roll my eyes and walk over to the dock.

i sit beside him and fiddle with my thumbs, 'hey princess.' he smirks at me, 'just can't seem to get away from me, huh?' i scoff, 'hey, i'm just being friendly.' i giggle mocking him from when we first met.

'yeah yeah.' he replies. we sit in silence for a little until i start shivering. 'are you cold?' he asks me, he kind of sounds concerned. 'n-no i'm fine!' i lie. 'mhm.' he takes his jacket off and places it over my shoulders.

'thank you..' i smile at him. he genuinely smiles back and my heart feels all warm.

'court?' he sighs, 'hm?' i whispered. he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, i feel my face go red and my heart starts beating really fast.

we stare at each other for a minute before his lips lock into mine. i close my eyes and feel sparks fly in my chest.

we pull away , 'sorry.' he whispers. i pull him into a hug and we sit there for a minute, 'here i was thinking i wasn't your type.' he says but can feel him smiling from over my shoulder. 'you still aren't my type.'

he pulls away and sighs, 'fine, enjoy a funner less life.' i roll my eyes at that, knowing it isn't a word, 'fine, enjoy prison.' i reply and smirk, 'i will.' he smiles softly at me.

i sigh and pull him into another kiss and then stand up, 'good night duncan.' i smile and walk towards the girls cabin.

i felt bad for leaving him at the dock but i wasn't sure what to do, im not sure if i should tell bridgette yet. does this mean he likes me?

is it bad i hope so? ugh, i shouldn't be falling for him.

A/N- y'all i'm so bad at writing kiss scenes - 💀