୨⎯ chapter 8 ⎯୧

courtney's pov:

i set my phone aside onto my bed and i walk over to my closet and grab my floral suitcase. i got it when we moved to the bahamas for like a month.

i set it onto my bed and delicately pick up clothes from my dresser, i walk back over to my suitcase and set them into it and neatly fold them.

once i finish i shut my suitcase and set it down by my bedroom door.

i pick my phone back up to a few notifications from a group chat called ; 'totally drama'

hm.

i open the messages;

bridgette: hey friends !

geoff: sup dudes

duncan: yo

gwen: ello :>

me: hii <3

i respond with 'hi', i wasn't sure how to respond, i've only known them for a little while. i'm not sure how to act, or how they act quite yet.

there were lots of people in the group chat, but i knew all of them from bridgette's introductions.

—————-

(time skip to next morning , friday )

—————-

i wake up to my phone buzzing like crazy.

the first messages i see are from the group chat, they were just talking about what to pack and who's riding with who, i knew i was riding with bridgette so i didn't really feel like checking the messages.

the next messages i see are from bridgette, i click on her icon;

'hey court! sorry for such late notice but you will actually have to ride with duncan due to some mishaps. sorry !! see ya later!'

i just stare at my phone for a minute trying to process that text. it was way to early for this.

i click out of her messages to see a message from duncan;

'morning princess, be there around 10 😉'

i look at the time in the corner of my phone, it reads; '9:44'

oh my gosh. i woke up so late.

i sit up so fast i get dizzy for a second but i get back onto my feet and slam open my drawers.

i grab a maroon t-shirt with my initials monogrammed on the pocket and then grab some dark green shorts that match the monogram color.

i throw my outfit on and barley brush my hair then throw it into a messy bun with a white scrunchie.

i throw on some crocs and run down the stairs.

i grab a piece of leftover toast from the table and shove it into my mouth before running back upstairs to grab my phone and suitcase.

as i get to the door i look down at my phone , it was only 9:54.

i sit in front of my tv and lay my head against a pillow and close my eyes.

i guess i dozed off because i woke up to a tapping on my shoulder and i look over.

my eyes widen as i see the green haired boy sits next to me pulling his hand away.

'sorry- you were just-' he starts but i interrupted him. 'how long was i asleep ?!' i ask searching for my phone. 'only a little bit, i got here just a few minutes ago-' he muttered.

i find my phone and check the time, it was only 10:04. 'sorry- i was just tired.' i whisper under my breath. 'it's fine but we do really need to get going.' he replies quickly and holds out his hand.