୨⎯ chapter 11 ⎯୧

duncan's pov:

'wanna make out?' i ask, i think i was joking. i think-

she just looked down and didn't say anything she opens her mouth to reply but a kid in our grade , beth , came out of the bushes and pointed her paintball gun at me and courtney.

'caught ya!' beth yelled and shot both of us.

me and courtney tried once more to get the antlers untangled but they wouldn't budge. so we decided to walk back to the camp tangled.

once we reach the campsite everyone else was already there, the game had obviously ended. 'wow, check this out!' geoff yells at points at us.

i smirk and laugh, 'yeah, the girl can't keep her antlers off me.' i look over at courtney and she scoffs and rolls her eyes, she take the antlers off and mumbles 'i'm sick of this trip already.'

sure, we could've taken those lame-o antlers off hours ago but miss counselor in training probably would've blabbed to mr.mcclain and had us sent home.

courtney walks off with bridgette to wash off the paint while me and geoff walk towards our cabin, 'i heard there's going to be a campfire tonight.' geoff remarked. 'cool,' i reply, 'is courtney going?' i sit down on my bed to grab clothes from my bag.

'i'm not sure, probably.' he sighs. 'it seems like you can't keep your antlers off mocha.' geoff laughs. my eyes widen, 'what? no-' i take my shirt off and swap it out for a different one.

'mhm, yeah.' geoff obviously doesn't believe me, 'why were yall in the woods for so long?' he asks me. 'we got tangled together, i told you that-'but he stops me, 'nah bro how did yall get tangled up? i didn't know she was your type.'

'what? she's not- we just ran into each other- we weren't- just-' i can't find the right words, because courtney was my type. but trent opens the door to our cabin, 'lets go, the campfire is starting in 10.'

me and geoff get up and walk out not saying

much after to conversation we just had.