୨⎯ chapter 4 ⎯୧

courtney's pov:

i got through all of my classes surprisingly because duncan was in almost ALL of my classes, and he would not stop calling me princess!! i do not act like a princess.

i walk out of the school with my bag on my shoulder to see the whole group by a tree.

i walk over to the group and bridgette waves.

she sets a pizza down, 'hey court!' and everyone else looks towards me and welcomes me.

'hi.' i say warmly as i tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. 'afternoon princess.' duncan says as he stands beside me.

'i wish you'd stop calling me that.' i hissed. if im being super honest though..i kind of enjoyed it?..

sure, duncan was annoying but i never said he wasn't cute. plus, cant a girl have a crush?

all he did was look at me and smirk, 'i guess i could..but then it wouldn't be fun would it?' he whispered to me and i couldn't help but smile.

i jumped as geoff put his shoulders between me and duncan, 'so dude..dudette, yall coming to camp wawanakwa?' the tall blonde boy asks looking down at me then to duncan.

'duh, and this princess wouldn't get off of me trying to beg me to go' duncan lied as he pulled me next to him. my jaw dangled open as geoff high fived him.

i spun to look at duncan and then slapped his shoulder. 'why did you do that you...uh...' i whisper yell but i couldn't think of a name to call him, 'ogre?-' i finish- ogre? really courtney? that's what you came up with? embarrassing..

while geoff walked away the gothy girl came up to me and shooed duncan away. 'hi! i'm gwen, we met earlier!' she began. 'right. hi!' i respond, looking around behind her , not really focused on what she's taking about.

she went on and on about her and trent and how duncan obviously is into me-

wait- what- duncan - into me?

i don't think so..

but as i zone back in from daydreaming my vision goes back. 'guess who!' a familiar voice yells. i recognized that voice , 'farm boy?' i giggle and turn as he puts his hands in his pockets from my eyes.

'city girl?' he teased. 'the one and only' i replied smiling.

scott, or farm boy is my childhood friend from my hometown, me him and bridgette used to hang out, i don't think him and bridgette like each other that much though..

i feel a hand on my shoulder and look down to see duncan's hand? 'hey again princess.' he looks at scott up and down, 'scott.' he snarled.

i wipe his hand off my shoulder and gently push him away. 'bye again duncan.' i turn back to scott , 'sorry about hi-' i sigh but he is gone.

oh. ok.. weird, i guess. i think to myself.

'come on court, i'll drive you home.' bridgette says walking over to me. 'okay.' i reply and follow her to her jeep.