04

Aryan Veer Singh

Capturing her every feature, I sense my heart quickening with an intensity that echoes through the chambers of my being. As I observe the depth of hatred in her brown eyes, I'm left questioning the missteps that may have led to such animosity. The weight of uncertainty lingers, and I reflect on what actions may have soured our connection.

Certain that this is our first encounter, I can't shake the haunting familiarity of her eyes. Beneath the layers of blankness and hatred, I discern a well of pain and vulnerability that sparks an unspoken connection, leaving me both intrigued and troubled.

Approaching her, I notice a protective boy, no older than Aarav, shielding her and holding her hand. An unexpected surge of both hatred and jealousy engulfs me, I mean there's no need to touch her. It's not like I'm gonna cause her any harm, at least not intentionally. The complexity of emotions unfolds in that moment.

Scolding my mind for dwelling on her, I remind myself that I know nothing about her, not even her name. The possibility that she could be an acquaintance of the robber adds another layer of uncertainty, urging me to tread cautiously in this mysterious encounter.
The doubts surrounding her presence weigh heavily on my heart, and the inexplicable pain prompts a sense of urgency. Contemplating consulting a cardiologist, I grapple with the realization that something within me is undeniably amiss.

As Sphere-39's Commander-in-Chief addresses the crowd, everyone swiftly assembles in their electronic pads for identification. Amidst the attendance process, I notice the brown-orbed girl and the stupid boy exchanging furtive glances, sparking intrigue in the midst of the regimented proceedings.

As she approached the electronic pads of identification, the machine swiftly labeled her as Veerika, such a pretty name, a gardener in the palace. The name resonated in my mind, and I found myself quietly pronouncing it. Beside her, the boy, seemingly relieved, was recognized as a soldier with a name I didn't bother to notice.

Yet, an odd feeling crept over me - a sense that our AI system wasn't functioning as it should. The unease lingered without a clear reason.

As the entire staff was identified, Viraj's revelation aligned with the subtle hints my conscience had been signaling. A realization dawned, though I couldn't quite put my finger on what had triggered the disquiet in the first place.

"The advanced age machine, untouchable by manipulation, has identified the entire crowd," Viraj murmurs near my ears, his tone carrying a hint of concern. "Yet, curiously, it seems there are two additional members present, ones the machine hasn't accounted for."

"What secrecy is this?" Aarvendra's voice thundered through the corridor, anger seeping into his words. "Disclose the nature of your discussion now!"

"The one in power here is the crown prince, not you," Viraj countered swiftly, his voice carrying a touch of defiance. "Check your tone when addressing him."

"I don't care if our father wants you to take charge," Aarvendra bellowed even louder, his voice echoing through the sphere. "I'm in charge of sphere-39, and I won't tolerate secrecy or insubordination!"

"Yet, you couldn't thwart the robbers," Viraj snapped, frustration lacing his words. "Five robberies in a week, and your incapability is glaring. The responsibility bestowed upon you seems too heavy for a nineteen year old prince."

"Incapable as you are, the robbers managed to strike even in your presence, right within the main palace," Aarvendra retorted, a sharp edge to his words.

"Enough," I interjected in a calm yet dangerous voice that demanded respect, stepping between my commander in chief and youngest brother. The weight of authority echoed in my words, calling for an end to the dispute.