9.𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

As a child my favorite place has always been home, it was the safest place for me

As a child my favorite place has always been home, it was the safest place for me. Not just me , every living being's safe place is their home where they live happily with their family and loved ones. But when that home doesn't feel safe anymore what shall I do?

I loved my home, I still do. Instead of going out on holidays I loved to stay back at home and spend time with my family. Christmas was my favorite. We all used to decorate the tree together, bake cakes and wrap gifts for our relatives and friends.

Those days were the best when life was simple and I could always go and hug my mother and tell her everything about what happened. I could go and complain to my father if someone bullies me. I could play with my brothers the whole day then fall asleep and they carry me back home.

It was fine but one day things changed, my father became strict with all of us, my brothers stopped playing with me. My mother didn't change but her expression said she was sad. I was only 13 back then. When I realized that our family is never gonna be the same as it was.

I am standing in front of my home or I should say my parent's house. The place of my childhood, which I always hated to leave but now I get a fever when I just think about stepping inside. When Ethan messaged me yesterday about the family lunch , I reconsidered it 100 times whether to come here or not.

I didn't even get enough sleep last night, I tried everything to tire myself so I fell asleep but nothing worked. And in the morning I was welcomed by dark circles and a headache. Even Liam noticed my miserable state. The tea did help me with the headache, I feel better but the weird feeling in my stomach doesn't seem to go away anytime soon.

Jasmine let me borrow the NYX navy dress, I thought she would argue but she simply let me wear it for today. luckily it fits me well and I look presentable in front of others

"Are you planning to explode the house tonight?"

I flinch at the low whisper, turning around I see my brother smiling at me. He is wearing a proper suit and he looks like he came straight from his workplace "Not a bad idea, do you have something to start an arson?" I joke

He laughs and moves forward "don't forget I am a lawyer, I can put you behind the bars"

I roll my eyes "You are not specialized in criminology" I say. He puts his arm around my shoulder and bends me before he could touch my hair and spoil them. I escaped from his grip "don't! I put so much effort into styling them" I warn him as I fix them.

"One pat won't harm you" Henry says making me glare at him "okay I won't" He back off

"How are you?" I ask, I am seeing him after 6 months nothing has changed much about him . He still has that same goofy smile on his face "Same as you left me, what about you? Are you liking your new university?" He asks

"It's good but not easy . Fashion Designing is just not about drawings"

"I told you'' he shrugged. Henry is 5 years older than me, he is working as a business Lawyer. Henry was the first one to support me when I said I will study fashion instead of law. In a family full of lawyers it was a shame to go into the fashion industry but he had me on every step and convinced my parents to let me do it. They were shocked with my choice but didn't stop me from following it.