Chapter 43

Umuwi kami ng bahay at kaagad na lang muna naming pinagpahinga si Joaquin. I looked at him as sleep on his bed and I couldn't help but feel more guilty.

Though, kasalanan lahat to ni El.

And one more thing, what happened at the restaurant spread like wildfire. My pictures were all over the internet and so were the injured faces of El and Joaquin. But it was just for a few hours and it suddenly died down, and I already know who did it. I am sure it has something to do with El or his family, lalo na at nahalungkat na ang dating namamagitan sa amin El at nang aming mga pamilya.

I sighed heavily and closed his door carefully. Bumaba ako ng hagdan at nakaabang na sa akin sa baba si Atty. Vasquez at Ervine, napatingin ako sa orasan at malapit ng mag alas nueve ng gabi.

"Good evening po, Atty." I smiled at him and sat on the other side of the sofa.

Atty. Vasquez looked at me with uncertainty, he has an update regarding the hearing and this is urgent.

"Nabalitaan ko ang nangyari kanina. Atty. Grayson told me to apologize on behalf of their camp."

Napatas ang kilay ko. How about El? He won't apologize for his violence?

"And he told me one more important thing…" Sumeryoso ang tingin niya sa akin. "They have withdrawn your name from the hearing. You can no longer participate in it."

Nanlaki ang mata ko sa balita niya. Ervine gasped and looked at me wide eyed too. But we came here in the country for the hearing! Para saan pa ang pinunta namin dito?

"I know, I know Ms. Aragon pero wala na tayong magagawa. Though it only means as well, that they are not suspecting you at all now." Nakangiti niyong balita.

Hindi ko alam kung ngingiti ako pabalik o hindi. My name is clean from the very start but since I knew that I was part of the plan, I badly wanted to participate in the hearing. My statements could be the key for this case!

"Don't worry, Ms. Aragon. The Esquivel's camp for show already have the alas on the case. They will win no matter what."

I looked at him looking so defeated. From his words, mukhang wala na akong magagawa. El's family seems to reach a final decision.

"Hindi ko alam kung anong dahilan but they told me that anytime you can contact their lawyer and personally talked to them."

Napabuga ako ng malalim na hininga at tumingin kay Ervine. He smiled at me with uncertainty.

This is disappointing for me, dahil una sa lahat mga magulang ko ang sangkot at kasama ako sa plano. They are my parents but I wanna serve justice too, kahit na makukulong pa sila dahil iyon lang din ang alam kong paraan para mapagbayaran nila lahat ng nagawa nilang kasalanan.

Wala na akong nagawa ng gabing iyon. It ended right away and I guess that's just it. Wala na akong magagawa kung iyon ang naging desisyon nila.

I tried to sleep that night even with all the problems that I had. I was caressing my tummy as I laid down on the bed and thought of what happened for the day. Pakiramdam ko sobrang daming nangyari.

I didn't even read any news, updates or comments anymore about what happened in the resto. I had enough and it's not getting good for my mental health. I badly needed a real break at this point.

But my baby kicked for the first time...ngayon na nakarap ko si El. As if she knew whom I was talking to...my baby kicked. Napangiti ako ng mapait.

I wonder what would have been our situation right now if our circumstances weren't this way. I sighed heavily and thought of the things if El was with me during these months. Mapait isipan pero hindi ko pa rin mapigilan.