Chapter 9

Kung kanina ay papulsuhan ko ang hawak niya, he again intertwined our fingers. We rode the elevator while his expression remained hard and strict.

"You are not answering your goddamn phone." He hissed while looking straight at the door of the elevator.

"Ummm naiwan ko. I won't need it so..." I meekly responded.

The door opened and revealed my floor. I saw Ate Sam and Viviane back in the pool but I never had the chance to see them after I saw him.

I tapped my passcode on my door and removed my hold on him. Akala ko hindi niya pa ako bibitawan dahil sa sobrang higpit ng hawak niya. Then I opened the door for him.

The unit is silent and the lights are off so Ate Sam isn't here yet. They must be enjoying the pool and the party. Well, this is better for me.

"Have you eaten your dinner?" I closed my door and faced him fully.

His hands were in his pocket and I just noticed that he was not wearing his glasses anymore. Well...he looked the same. It's just that I could clearly see his eyes now.

I cleared my throat. "I ate with my classmates…" while they are talking about your sexcapades. I stop myself from adding it of course.

"Uh huh. With that guy?" He mocked me but I shrugged it off.

"No. How about you? Oh! You were eating dinner with a girl back in the pool." I concluded while slightly smiling. There is no issue for me though. I am just curious too.

Nagtagis ang bagang niya sa sinabi ko. "She is just an acquaintance." Matigas nitong sambit.

I smiled at him more. If he is thinking that I might feel something else or I will stop him from doing his old habits then he is wrong. We are not in a relationship and I don't have a plan on developing one. He can do whatever he wants. He is free as a bird.

This is just an arranged marriage and I have a different goal in mind. So he can do whatever he wants to if ever.

Ako ang may kailangan sa kanya. Basically, my family needs him. As long as my name will be attached to him then I won't care for anything. He is my key.

"You can do whatever you want, El. We are not in a relationship and what we will have is just an arrangement." Malumanay kong paliwanag. I don't really have an issue here and I want him to realize that.

His eyes went wide with my sudden statement that he clenched his jaw hard.

Umiwas ako ng tingin. "You know...my parents needed your surname attached to mine." Ngumiti ako ng mapait. "My family needs you...and I need you too…" Makahulugan kong pagpapatuloy.

I looked at him again with a bitter smile on my face. "So...you can do whatever you want, as long as at the end of the day...we need to get married."

Hindi ko na mawari ang ekspresyon niya. He looked so mad but his eyes were looking at me differently. As if he was hurt...pero imposible.

His eyes then grew stronger with wrath. And then he smiled at me mockingly. And now without his glasses on. I could clearly see how his eyes built itself into a strong character. 

"My name, huh? What if I withdraw? Anong gagawin mo?" He asked with gritted teeth and restrained.

My eyes blink repeatedly with his question. Hindi ko pa naisip to. This scenario never crossed my mind. Maybe because he already said that he won't back down from this marriage?

I looked at him unsurely. "You said you won't back down." May halong pakiusap ang tono ko.

The side of his upper lift. Like what I just said is ridiculous and out of his dictionary. Hindi ko maiwasang makaramdam ng kaba. Then he smirks at me evilly like he just found out something.