Chapter 25

Joaquin is waiting for me outside. And so as fast as I could, I gathered all my things, wore a comfortable outfit and as I do all of it…hindi ko na maiwasang maiyak.

This is torture.

I stopped for a moment as I gathered my senses. But there isn't much time. Hinahabol ako ng oras.

I walked out of my own room and took a final glance at it. This was my home for a year at least. Most of my fundamental memories are made here. Dito ko siya nakilala ng husto. We made many memories here together.

Memories erupted in my mind and I just wanna stop what I am doing right now. Pero hindi. May mapapahamak kapag tinuloy namin ito.

And I am such an evil for doing all of these to him. He deserves better.

I turned my back and started walking towards the door. Mom isn't here yet and Joaquin already prepared everything for me, I just need to do my part properly.

I was holding my phone tightly as the elevator went down. The anxiousness that I was feeling was over the moon and I felt like anytime I'd be caught. Kaya naman pagdating ko sa may parking lot ay tumingin muna ako sa magkabilaan ko.

It was clear. I saw Joaquin's car and started walking towards it. But I just took a few steps when someone shouted.

"Lenikah! Where are you going?!"

I turned around and saw Mom with her wide eyes while looking at my luggage.

My eyes went wide as well as I looked at her, walking fast towards me. The panic on her face was very visible.

I walked backwards as I looked at her and quickly turned around and ran with my luggage. I aimed for Joaquin's car and saw him quickly get out of the car.

"Lanikah! Saan ka pupunta, huh?!” I heard her shout more. She already realized what I was planning.

Mas lalo akong kinabahan.

"Joaquin!"

"Faster, Nikah!" He shouted.

Mas binilisan ko ang takbo ko kahit hindi na ako masyadong makatakbo sa dala kong gamit. And when I reached him, he quickly put my things at the back and I settled myself inside the passenger's seat.

I saw Mom's sheer horror on her face as she tried to fasten her walk more. Her expensive bag was already on the floor's parking lot but everything was too late. Joaquin made it to the driver's seat and he quickly manoeuvred the car, leaving her behind.

"Lenikah! Come back here!" She shouted more and I've never seen her this uncomposed.

Tears started streaming down my face as we hit the road and I let myself sobbed. I let all my frustrations out as our car gots faster.

“Shit naman, Nikah!” Joaquin cursed. “Please don’t blame yourself on this…your parents are just evil.”

I continued crying and he continued ranting while driving.

Hawak ko ng mahigpit ang cellphone ko. He won’t call again that is for sure. He might think I am already resting…and that tomorrow will happen according to our plans.

He doesn't deserve me…simula pa lang naman halata na. But I guess I am lucky that I could get to know him more, not just on the surface level but we both have built a strong sense for each other.

He loves me very much, there is no doubt in that. And just thinking that he won’t be seeing me walk the aisle tomorrow just like what I have promised…I could already hear my heart shattering in pieces.