Chapter Eighteen

Apparently, Flora had a talent for being so quiet while getting dressed that no one would wake at the sound of it

Apparently, Flora had a talent for being so quiet while getting dressed that no one would wake at the sound of it. Not even me, the lightest sleeper I knew.

Come to think of it, this was the first night I hadn't had any dreams since ages. Nor had I woken up in agony, bathing in sweat. Today, I'd awakened in a state of bliss, and it was all because of my new submissive.

I wasn't sure how I felt about this new way of starting the day and it left my feelings divided. One part of me felt amazing, like I was finally at peace. But the other part felt guilty, as if I had forgotten about her for a moment, and I wasn't allowed to do that. I didn't want myself to allow that. She had paid the highest price for her love. Why should I deserve happiness, when she had lost her life?

Still, I was weak and the part that felt amazing won. I wanted to be with Flora more than anything right now. I couldn't not be with her now that she had finally admitted to feeling the same.

Flora. My Flora. My good girl.

I watched her, standing in front of the window, busy putting her hair up. She had braided her curly locks and was now tying those two braids up with pins, except for a pair of short spirals that framed her face.

I'd always admired women for creating all those different hairstyles, but Flora really had the most gorgeous hair. Her color was unlike anybody else's. Especially now, as the daylight reached through the window, making her hair look like it was on fire, the copper strands almost bright orange.

I observed her for a while, admiring her, before asking, "What are you doing, my Flora?"

I knew she was getting ready for another day of working in the house. Apart from being honest, sweet, intelligent, and understanding, she was also a hard worker, ambitious, and never complained about anything. And because of that, she had earned my respect.

"Oh, good morning, my lord. I mean..." She bit her lip before continuing. "Can I call you by that title again? I hope I can."

"You can. We are not busy with a session now." When I sat up straight, the sheets fell down my chest and pooled in my lap. I loved how Flora noticed it and couldn't keep her eyes off my naked upper body.

"To answer your question," she answered, shyly looking away. She was cute. "The rooster crowed a while back. So, it's time for me to get up and work."

I decided to tease her a bit. "You want to work now? Your night had been as short as mine was."

"I do. I must."

"You don't have to, you know? You're mine now. I can forbid you to go."

"But..." Fear stood in her eyes. "I... want to."

I smirked. "Don't worry, my Flora. You can go. I will not interfere with your life outside of the bedroom."

Not yet, at least.