✥ Chapter 5 ✥

Chapter 5 : Perplexity

[A/N : Italic text in general means the character is thinking it inside their head.]

Caught completely off guard, Avni didn't know how to handle the situation, resorting to nervous stammering, "Nna naahin toh!"

"Hmm toh aise ghoor kyun rahi ho?(Hmm, why are you staring like that?)" Neil, phlegmatic and focused on his files, fired another arrow of a question towards her.

"Nahi bilkul nahin, mera naam Neil Khanna thodi hain!(No, not at all, Do you think my name is Neil Khanna or what!)" She moved her head left and right, defending her lie.

"YOUUU little...be..." Neil was about to thunder but composed himself, realizing he couldn't get distracted and shouldn't engage in more conversation than required. The incident from that night was still fresh in his mind, so he didn't prolong the matter and fell silent. That was it—the only exchange they had in the car.

However, the more he tried to avoid her, the more difficult it became!

As they approached Avni's college, Neil cleared his throat, "Pa.. ri..i...Ahemm!!! 

Avni, if you need something, call me or someone at the house, okay? If I'm late, don't go wandering alone like yesterday. Wait for me or call me. Am I clear?"

Saying so, he kept his eyes fixed on the road, not once glancing at her. On the contrary, Avni kept staring at him intently. She noticed he was almost about to call her "Pari" but later summoned her "Avni" pricking her heart.

Although Avni vividly knew she should be angry with him and shouldn't get weak for him so soon or find pleasure in his affection, yet she can't help but find herself in the position of coveting his care! Affection! L o v e!

She recalled how restless Neil was the other day when he arrived about 10 minutes late and couldn't find Avni near the college entrance. His desperate eyes unveiled all the secrets he intended to conceal. There was a magical peace in the scolding he gave after finding her, reminiscent of the young Neil who used to scold her similarly. The difference now was that she used to cry back then, but this time all she could do was stare.

Despite enduring numerous pains for six long years, she couldn't get over that man who had made commitments of love and care to her. The dream of getting married in front of everyone when they grew up, promises of belonging to her forever, these memories lingered.

Although the idea of marrying at that certain young age had come from her as being naive she wasn't probably thinking straight! But Neil being Neil fulfilling everything she uttered without hesitation! Why would he? She was his little universe. It was a big deal for him that Avni herself wanted to marry him. She was young and mischievous, and he loved her deeply. The concept of marriage at that age sounded like an adventure. After all, they were destined to get married when they became adults, so marrying at that time seemed quite reasonable to him. Something quite natural.

They went to a secluded temple and got married. Neil was ready with all the arrangements before the priest could ask anything. Avni's face beamed with happiness when he filled her hair parting with the red vermilion. She loved the idea of being his only, but more than that, making him hers, ONLY hers!

Perhaps she was a little insecure, thinking she was never good enough for him.

He excelled in studies, while she disliked studying.

He was perfect at everything, and she was only perfect in admiring him.

Call it a teenage crush or naive love, but Avni was fascinated by him.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 26, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Mortal Promises ~ Avneil FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें