15 | I WILL FIND YOU

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
AFTER I LEFT THE LIBRARY, I STOOD IN THE DOORWAY OF OUR CLASSROOM, listening and watching my friends talk.

I can't help but feel a bit sad since they won't remember anything. It's like we built these relationships for nothing. And I haven't talked to Takahiro since our beach day which was five days ago if the days actually passed.

I ended up going to the rooftop, leaning against the edge of it as I look at the beautiful sight, still feeling sad. I'm really gonna miss everyone once it's over.

As I was looking at the sunset, I heard a voice behind me, startling me since I thought I was the only one on the rooftop. "Thought you might've gone home." Takahiro said as I turned around, noticing him standing a few feet from me.

"Takahiro." I said, feeling a bit relieved as I watched him move to stand beside me as we both look at the buildings from afar.

"Are you okay?" He asked, making me looking down.

"To be honest, I'm afraid. And sad. Today might be the day..we all disappear." I say, watching as he turns around leaning his back against the edge as he looks in the distance.

"Don't count us out before we even try. You never know." He then scoffed a bit, starting to look down. "Kinda ironic coming from me though." He said, making me furrow my brows a bit and turn to face him.

"When I got scouted, I told Keiwa High I wasn't going pro. Truth is, when things got serious, I got scared that I'd fail. That's who I am. I'm always giving up on things before I even try."

I watched as he moved to sit on what appeared to be a platform. "Pretty lame, right?" He asked, looking forward. "No more. I'm done running." He said as he leaned forward a bit.

"Reina, I..." He paused for a small moment before continuing, "I swear I'll protect you."

I started to look down when he looked at me, a small smile on his face. "I've got your back. Once the Body Search is over, we can finally see tomorrow."

My breath hitched once he said those last words. I know that once the Body Search actually is over, no one is gonna remember anything.

I felt like crying, but I didn't as I turned back around, looking into the distance in silence.

"If tomorrow does come...we won't even talk to each other. I'll be invisible to you, Shota, Asuka, Rumiko, Atsushi, and Rie." I say in a soft voice, biting my bottom lip to attempt to prevent myself from crying.

"What are you saying?" Takahiro asked, looking at me.

I stayed silent, closing my eyes as I felt them start to tear up. I didn't notice Takahiro was behind me until I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, hugging me as his head is rested right above mine.

"So if you're right..and you really do disappear tomorrow, I promise I'll find you." He said, almost as if he was determined to do it. Like it was a mission he was assigned to do.

"Takahiro.." I said as I felt his arms leave my waist as he backed up, doing something.

"Here. I swear on this clip." He said, making me turn to look at him before looking at the clip that was in front of me.

The clip that was always on the bowtie of his school uniform.

I take it from him, looking at it in my hand for a bit before his hand took my hand and closed it, the other holding the back of my hand.

I looked up at him, a bit surprised as we make eye contact. "I will find you." He said, making it clear that what he was saying is true. He then started to lean in, making me wonder if this was our moment.

He kissed my cheek gently, my eyes widening a bit in surprise before he pulled away slowly, looking at me as I look away from his gaze, a bit nervous.

He turns away from me and faces forward again, making me look at him as a small smile appears on my face.