Chapter 19

Calvary Battle

"Calvary battle? I'm terrible at those." Me and you both, Kaminari. There is no way anyone will be on my team, especially when they are aware of my ability.

"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory, it's the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player is assigned a point value based on the obstacle course results. The point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42 place is worth 5 points, 41 is worth 10, and the point value of the first contestant is TEN MILLION."

I would hate to be one of the top people in this. I am worth 115 points, which is still a lot to pass me through, but not enough to be a big target. But still, I have to find a team willing to work with my ability.

"That's right, it's survival of the fittest. For those at the bottom to overthrow the top!"

"These are the rules that you will abide by. The game itself will last 15 minutes. Somebody will add the individual point values will be together. To make your team total, everyone will know how much you are worth, thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as fast as possible to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So, the more you steal, the harder it is to manage them. Another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls, you can keep playing til times up."

So the rules apply: It's anyone's game. My classmates are developing strategies and discussing the pros and cons of losing your headband early in the game. This game is more about strategy than anything else; pro-heroes must be efficient at strategic work. Having brute strength is good, but it could also be someone's downfall if they do not have a strategy to back it up.

"This is going to be rough. You can use your quirks as much as you like, but make a team fall on purpose, and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified!! Now you have 15 minutes to build your teams! I recommend that you get started."

Having a plan will not be a problem, but I must pick the right people. Not only that, but they have to be okay with my quirk and its effects. Just looking at Bakugo, I see that he has a lot of people wanting to be on his team, but he seems clueless. "Wait, remind me what your quirks are again and what your names are." Of course, he does not know the quirks of his classmates after training with them, but not understanding their names is another level of low. "Can you be that self-centered?" yes, he can be that self-centered. That will be his downfall as a hero. He reminds me of a certain short redhead.

Everyone is sticking to people in their homeroom class; it would be too much of a gamble if not. Todoroki is strong enough, so people aren't scared to team up with him even if he has ten million points. Unlucky for me, no one in my home class would because they know my ability cancels out their quirk. "Hey, Dazai, do you wanna team up?" I see a short brown-headed girl, Uraraka. "are you sure you want to team up with me? You know my quirk will cancel yours." she just smiled. " I know that, but you come up with the best strategies, and in this game, you need to have a good strategist to win." I nodded. "Yes, we can team up; I have 115 points, and we need two more people for a plan to work." I walk over to Momo. "Hey, Momo, do you want to join Uraraka and me? I can devise a master plan to win the Calvary battle." She walks over and shakes her head, declining the offer. "I have to split off from you, Dazai, if I want to improve my strategies, but thank you for the kind offer." She walks over to Todoroki's group.

"I wish you luck, Dazai, but I will not go easy on you." Todoroki, you are now my sworn enemy. How dare you steal Momo from me. Crocodile tears start spilling out. "It's Okay Dazai. We can still find people willing to work with us," Uraraka patted my back. "You also must care about Momo." my eyes widened. "Huh, no, I don't. She's just instrumental and is a good planner. What made you say that?" she chuckled. "Well, you two are always together. If you're not with Mina or Kirishima, you gave your position as class president to her. She also talks highly of you!" I nodded, never thinking that it showed that I cared for someone. One question was on my mind: am I getting too attached?