7- Everybody has secrets

A/N
Hey guys! If you're reading this then thank you for putting up with me, I hope you like it!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Jillian's POV

John left. Great! Now I was all alone with Sherlock! And if I've ever know him at all, he'll make me break.

I couldn't let this happen! Not after all this years of hiding and forgetting.

But you never could hide anything from him.

She had to calm down or he'd notice, if he hadn't already, that something happened.

--Flashback to earlier that day--

Carefully, I opened the package... It was from him.

Richard was watching her. God, I hated the man! Not only did she have to pretend everything was fine and dandy, but she also had to what he said. He was, after all, my boss.

I read the message telling me that since I never went outside to the real world I had to catch up on info.

At the end of the page said "John Watson's blog" and to the side an URL.
I guess that's where the info is.
I grabbed my laptop and searched it up.

I read for like felt like minutes, (but were actually like three hours) when my phone rang: new message.

Finish the job.
-R.B.

Why couldn't he understand?! I couldn't do it! Not him. I could never kill Sherlock Holmes.

I looked at the message for a second before answering.

I'm having... complications.
-Shadow

Not even a minute had passed when I got his reply.

Then deal with them. Unless you want something to get out?
-RB

--End of Flashback--

The events of this morning were replaying inside my head, and they were getting to me, hard.

I had to learn not to show emotion a long time ago and succeeded in hiding things from everyone. Normal people thought I was just an average person, the people I've worked for thought all I cared about was business, and my enemies thought I was fearless.
Oh how I wish they were right!

But now, I was slowly breaking. My body was betraying me.

I looked at Sherlock to find that he was watching me with curiosity, studying my every move.

After a few minutes of unbearable quiet, he broke the silence.

"What happened this morning?" He asked, probably having his own theories for my behavior.

"Why would you say that?" I said, trying to distract him, even though I knew that was impossible.

"Don't play games with me." He said, looking at me right in the eye.

"Nothing important. Nothing that I can't handle." I lied, and he saw right through it.

"I know it was something big, you are not the kind of person that worries." he stated.

"Dear me Mr. Holmes! What am I to do now that you know so much about me?" I said in a monotone.

"We both know that's not true." he said.

"Then why keep trying? If you find it so hard to read me?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

"It's a challenge, something to occupy my mind, but you knew that already, after all, we are both similar in some way." He said.

"Yes we are. We both have secrets." I said in a tone barely above a whisper, but I knew he had heard.

I got up to try and escape from what I knew would come next, but I wasn't fast enough. He grabbed my wrist firmly in his hand and I turned to look at him.

"Who are you?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"Nobody." I replied softly as I looked away.

"Then why do I know you?" He asked.

"Why did you forget?" I asked back.

"I never forget." he said louder.

"Who am I then?" I asked, looking at him straight in the eye.

"You tell me." he replied.

"I'm Jillian Smith" I answered nonchalantly.

"That's not your real name." He stated.

"No, it's not." I said, because there was no denying it to him. "But you shouldn't worry about it, it's useless, Mr. Holmes."

"There it is again. You always call me Mr. Holmes, yet you call everyone else by their first name, even strangers. Always formal. Always weary. Why?" He said in a monotone, his grip on my wrist getting tighter by the second.

"Let me go." I said through gritted teeth.

"I want answers." he tightened his grip as he said this, coldly but with a different tone, one that made me want to hide and cower.

"You're hurting me." I stated, as emotionlessly as I could, but my speak trembled, and panic was evident in my eyes.

He let me go almost immediately, but stepped even closer. I instinctively took a step back, and regretted it immediately - I was giving him what he wanted, emotion.

"Who are you?!" He said loudly, louder than I'd ever heard him before.

"No one." I whispered before hurriedly making my way out of there. He didn't follow.

Gosh! My life was messed up!
All I ever wanted was to go home. But I could never go back. I stopped having one years ago.

I stepped out into the cool breeze that covered the streets and walked away from Baker Street.

After a while, I felt as if someone was watching, but with my line of work, that was the usual.
I walked for about an hour, keeping my head low and going wherever the wind took me when I saw a black car turn the corner less than a block away, I was being followed.

My training kicked in. I abruptly turned into a dark alleyway and blended myself into the shadows, watching, waiting. A few seconds later a strong man stepped into the alley. I got out of my hiding and lounged at him from the back, hitting him hard in the neck and making him turn around before giving him a full-on roundhouse kick that made him stumble and double over in pain. He aimed a punch at me but I dodged it easily, as well as the next hits, managing to sneak a few punches to his torso and one to his jaw. He doubled over in pain and reached for his radio, but I kicked it away and held him in a powerful headlock... then I heard the click of a gun and looked down to see a red dot on my chest. Then I heard some radio static and a monotone voice coming from it.

"Miss Jillian, please get in the car." as the black car from before pulled over in front if the alley.

I reluctantly made my way to the car and was met with a familiar face inside, one that like Sherlock's I hadn't seen in a long time and probably wouldn't have recognized if it hadn't been for the events of this past days: Mycroft Holmes.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

A/N
Hey guys!
I'd love to know what you think so please like or comment, also I'll be updating more this next few weeks so stay tuned.