5- Moving in

Jillian's POV

(couple of hours back)

It was time. Time to face my past. Time to face Sherlock Holmes. I am not looking forward to this...

I got up from bed and called John.

"Hello?"

"Hi, John? It's me Jillian, from the cafe."

"Oh, hi Jillian! Anything I can do for you?"

"I was actually thinking about your offer..."

"Yes, of course! You should come by later today"

"Oh! S-sure I'd love to, but I don't want to be a bother-"

"Rubbish! It'd be a pleasure having you over Jillian, plus, I'm sure Mss. Hudson will adore you!"

"If I must... I'll be there! Is 5 o'clock OK?"

"Sure! See you later!"

"Bye John!"

I hung up and went through my bags and my suitcase.

What should I wear?

I searched my clothes until I found two possible outfits. The first one was a blue sweater with a black flowing skirt that reached just below mid-tight.

The other one was a light green shirt with some white high-waist jeans.

I looked at the clothes that were lying in front of me and decided to go with the skirt and sweater, which I paired up with some black high-tops. I took a quick shower and got dressed.

I got to the suite's small kitchen and just grabbed some toast and a cup of tea. I still had a couple of hours to kill before meeting John so I decided to research a bit about Sherlock's recent whereabouts.

I scrolled through countless news articles about his cases when I finally came upon something interesting: John Watson's blog.

As I was reading about a cabbie and lots of pink there was a knock on the door. I stood up from my laptop and reluctantly made my way to the door.

When I looked through the peephole there was no-one on the other side. I slowly opened the door and looked out, there wasn't a single person on sight, that's when I looked down. A package labeled to Jillian Smith was lying on the hallway's carpet.

I quickly picked it up and went inside my room, locking the door behind me. I opened the package and cursed under my breath. It was from him.

Sherlock's POV

(Recap)

I got up and made my way to the window, confirming my guess and looking down to see the guest enter the building.

A few seconds later I hear Mss. Hudson shout up the stairs

"Boys! There's a young woman here to see the flat, be nice!"

I get away from the window and towards the door. I get downstairs in seconds and am greeted by the one and only.

"Mr. Holmes." she says with a simple nod.

And I greet her back the same way "Miss Smith."

"Sherlock! What was that about?!" says John as he comes down the stairs.

"What do you mean?"

"All of... that! What... you did" As he says that I can see Jillian lifting an eyebrow at me with an amused look in her eyes and her lips twitch up for a second before returning to her normal, neutral expression.

We are all silent for a second while John looks at me, bewildered, when Jillian breaks the silence.

"What did he do?" She asks, the tiniest hint of amusement still visible in her eyes.

John suddenly snapped out of it and seemed to realize for the first time, that Jillian was in the room.

"Oh! Jillian! How are you?" he asked.

"I'm fine, thank you John." she said with a small smile which John returned. But I could tell something was off... She was obviously NOT fine, but the reason why, I couldn't tell...

"Oh! You know each other then?" asked Mss. Hudson, talking for the first time since I came down.

"Oh, yeah, we met at a cafe yesterday, it was John who told me about the flat." answered Jillian.

"Right! The flat! Come with me dear." Mss. Hudson said, while grabbing the keys and leading Jillian into 221C.

I followed her and Mss. Hudson into the flat with John close behind. It was just as I remembered except this time, there were no shoes in the middle of the room.

"It's a bit dark down here, but with some good lamps..." Mss. Hudson trailed off.

Jillian was looking around, not saying a word, taking in everything on sight. She seemed to think as if making up her made, but I could tell she had made her choice ever since Mss. Hudson grabbed the keys to open up.

She was silent for a moment before saying "This will do very nicely... Thank you." she smiled.

"Am I correct to assume you will move in immediately?" I asked.

"Yes, I just have to pick up some things from the hotel, I don't have much things to move though." She answered.

"Do you need any help?" John, always the gentleman!

"Uhm..." she hesitated. "No... Thank you... It's not much anyway" she shrugged, but even if John and Mss. Hudson couldn't, I could tell there was something else...

****TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE TARDIS ASSOCIATES INC.****

Jillian's POV

I brought the last of my bags into 221C and looked around my new flat. It wasn't very nice, but with some decorations and a bit of work it could be very cozy. I'd have to get some furniture tomorrow. For the time being, Mss. Hudson was lending me an inflatable bed so that I could sleep somewhere more comfortable than my sleeping bag.

I was just about to hang my clothes in the built in closet when I heard a knock on the door. I opened up to find John smiling at me.

"Hello Jillian! We were wondering if you wanted to come up for tea?" He said

Wait... WE? As in Sherlock? "We?" I said with a light smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

"Oh well..." He sighed "There's a slight possibility of Sherlock not knowing..." he said smiling sheepishly.

"Tea sounds lovely!" I said grinning.

I followed John upstairs to find Sherlock lying on a chair with his hands just beneath his chin in a prayer position. He wasn't even moving and didn't react when John and I came in.

After a second I recognized that technique as a mind palace, something I myself had found useful on several occasions.

"Don't worry about him" said John. I just nodded and followed him to the kitchen.

"Need any help?" I asked, wanting to make myself useful.

"Sure!" he smiled at me and I smiled back as a feeling that I hadn't had in a long time reached me once again. It felt like home.

We put the kettle on and chatted for a while until it was ready, he grabbed some cups and poured tea into them.

"Sugar?"

"Two please."

We went back to the living room just in time to see Sherlock jump up from the chair and shoot the wall twice. As the shots rang, John jumped a little, but I didn't even flinch.

Sherlock turned around and looked at me.

"Oh. Hello Miss Smith" He nodded in my direction.

"Mr Holmes"

John motioned for me to sit down, so I did. He started to talk but I tuned him out and turned my attention to Sherlock. He had changed so much...