4- Who is she?

A/N

Hi guys! Just to let you know I'm not dead. I know I haven't updated in a while so I decided to give you a new chapter. Enjoy!

➰➰➰➰

John's POV

The ride back to 221B has been the most tedious thing ever. Sherlock hasn't said a word since we said goodbye to Jillian.

He's just sitting there. Staring out the window.

Maybe he is in his mind palace?

Nah... we've got no cases right now... unless he had found something else about Moriarty?

No, after all the commotion with his message all over London he wouldn't keep this to himself. Much less agree to go to a cafe.

Maybe he is mad about me telling Jillian she could come see 221C? But why would he be mad, I mean, he IS a sociopath but it's not like he hated her.

I actually thought it had gone pretty good since Sherlock didn't throw her life story at her and didn't insult her whole manner of living.

You could even say he was watching her with some kind of interest... unless that was hate?

I thought about it for a while and at last decided I should try and talk to him. Well... "TRY".

"Eh... Sherlock?" I said. I waited for a few seconds but he didn't answer.

"Sherlock?" No answer.

"Sherlock, are you mad... you know... angry, annoyed?" There's still no answer.

"Look, I know you probably didn't like her... well, you don't like 99% of the people that you meet... but she seems nice. And it's not like having a neighbor will have an effect on your sociopath-ish thing you do. And she's got nowhere else to stay, for god's sake, she currently lives in a hotel!"

I turned to look at him but he won't answer, he won't even turn to look at me. Then I leaned over to look at his reaction, but he doesn't even blink.

"Sherlock stop ignoring me." No reaction.

"Sherlock?" He wasn't moving rat all! "Sherlock? Bloody hell! Are you even breathing?!"

I swear I'll never understand how he can just freeze.

This is like when I asked him to be my best-man all over again.

This might be fun...

➰➰➰➰

Sherlock's POV

We left the cafe and took a cab. John told the cabbie the address and off we go.

I look out the window trying to keep my mind occupied, but I can't. I keep thinking about that woman. Jillian.

She's a sociopath. Just like me. She could deduce and read people like an open book, and she knew how to close herself to others.

Yet, she left her guard down, she let me deduce her. Why would she?

The way she reacted when she heard my name... it was like shock, but much stronger, like sorrow, almost like nostalgia... WHY?

Why indeed. Why would she open her walls? Why did she react at the mention of my name? Why and what was she hiding? Who was she?

I was shaken out of my thoughts by John's voice and my face hurting.

"Welcome back to the real world." he said.

"John..."

I turned to look at him, slightly confused as to why my face hurts when it didn't hurt before the cab.

He's probably been talking for a while. He looks amused, a slight laugh under his voice, the ghost of a grin still on his face. Now, why was he amused? Well, by the last events we c... oh. So that's why my face hurts...

"John, don't ever flick my face again." I said.

He looked at me with a surprised face, clearly wondering how I found out, but covered it quickly. Then he just shook his head and turned to look out the window.

•••Time Skip brought to you by a babbling bumbling band of baboons•••

➰➰➰➰

John's POV

Jillian called to say that she was coming later today. I was happy with the fact that we would maybe have a new neighbor, but I wasn't so sure about Sherlock.

Since we got back to 221B, yesterday, he hasn't moved from his seat. I don't even think he slept at all.

I made my way to the kitchen and put the kettle on.

"Sherlock, cup of tea?"

I offered, hoping a nice hot cup of Earl Grey would either snap him out of his trance or help him on... whatever it was he was doing.

Of course, being "the great Sherlock Holmes" he didn't even acknowledge my presence.

I grabbed a cup from the counter and poured myself some tea. I was just about to sit down and relax when I heard the doorbell ring.

I stood up to get it since Sherlock was ,obviously, not going to. But before I could even reach the door Sherlock said "Don't"

I turned at him in disbelief but then realized this was Sherlock Holmes I was talking to and gave up.

"Mss. Hudson will get it." He said, before he stood up and waltzed his way to the window.

➰➰➰➰

Sherlock's POV

I sat there thinking. Thinking about that woman. Who was she? She had something I couldn't quite explain. She seemed familiar, as if I had seen her somewhere ,a long time ago. But yet, I was sure I had never seen Jillian Smith before now.

As I was deep in thought, I could hear John's voice, but it was distant. Barely a whisper. Then, the doorbell rang and I had a pretty good idea of who it was.

I opened my eyes and saw John standing and making his way to the door.

"Don't" I said.

He turned to look at me with a questioning glance.

"Mss. Hudson will get it." I explain.

I got up and made my way to the window, confirming my guess and looking down to see the guest enter the building.

A few seconds later I hear Mss. Hudson shout up the stairs

"Boys! There's a young woman here to see the flat, be nice!"

I get away from the window and towards the door. I get downstairs in seconds and am greeted by the one and only.

"Mr. Holmes." she says with a simple nod.

And I greet her back the same way "Miss Smith."

〰〰〰〰

A/N

Did you like it?

Who exactly is Jillian Smith?

Tell me what you think!