2- Nice to Meet You!

John's POV

Sherlock didn't have a case, he was bored, but I never thought he would actually agree to this.

We took a cab to a nice cafe, it just opened last week. The whole ride has been silent. I stop looking out the window and turn around to discover Sherlock was staring at me.

"Uh... Sherlock?" I say after a few seconds of staring back at him.

"Yes John?" He answers in a bored tone.

"Why are you stating at me?"

"I'm reading" he states as if it were the most obvious thing in the whole world.

He keeps staring at me. Why won't he stop?! This is awkward!

"Sherlock, stop!" He really is making me anxious.

"Stop what?" Seriously?

"Stop staring at me and doing that -thing- you do" I say, slowly.

"Oh! You mean deducing?"

"Yes Sherlock"

"No." I put a /what?-why?/face "I'm bored John!"

"No, Sherlock, stop deducing me!" I glare at him and he starts to smile. Why is he smiling?

"Why?" He says, with a sly smile.

"Oh shut up!" We stare at each other for a second and I burst laughing, he tries to hold back his laugh, but fails miserably.

After a while, he pokes my arm.
"Sherlock what are you doing?"

"BOOORED!" When is he not?
I ignore him and look out the window.

"Jaawwwn, I need a case!" Then the cab stops, we're outside the cafe. Sherlock gets out of the cab and goes inside, leaving me to pay, AGAIN.

I hand the money to the cabby and I proceed to join Sherlock inside, but when I'm about to step inside the cafe I bump into someone, dropping the person's things to the floor.

"Sorry!" We say at the same time. I bend down to help pick up the papers and give them to the stranger.

I look up and see a young woman putting everything back into her suitcase.
She's got long red hair and green eyes with a hint of gray.

"Here" I say, handing her the papers.

"Thank you" she puts them in her suitcase and holds out her hand "Jillian Smith" I shake her hand.

"John Watson"

..................................
Sherlock's POV

Why is John taking so long? He was just paying for the cab-
My thoughts are interrupted by John stepping into the cafe ....with a girl?

Not another girlfriend!?
Oh, no, wait, she isn't a girlfriend... who is she? Judging by her putting some slightly messy papers in a suitcase I'd say a stranger he bumped into... but why is she here?

"...bumped outside" John's voice snapped me out of my thoughts "Sherlock! Were you even listening to me?" I look at him in confusion "I was saying that this is Jillian and that she'll be joining us for coffee"
I nod my head to acknowledge her presence.

"Jillian, this is Sherlock, my flatmate" She nods too and proceeds to scan me with her gaze.

Was she deducing me?
After a few seconds she smiles slightly to herself and sits down.

Yep, definitely deducing me.

Well, two can play that game. I scanned her quickly, observing every single detail that may give me a hint.

Late twenties (probably 28)
Not from around here.
Been in London less than a week. She's here for business.
Intelligent, very smart.
Trained in martial arts.
Many secrets. Hides her past, why? (Orphan?)
Takes pride in outsmarting ordinary people. She looks uncomfortable. Probably a sociopath, interesting...

I let a smile take place on my lips, this evening might not be as dull as I expected...