[WEKIMEKI] CHOI YOOJUNG

Wish That I Could Pt 1.

"Hey, you guys! The food is out."
Elly yelled to grab the attention of all the girls running around the small arcade.
Y/N pulled out a giant plushie from behind her back and placed it in front of where Yoojung was sitting.
"Why are you giving me this."
The WekiMeki member asked from her seated position, looking up at Y/N standing beside Weeekly's Soeun.
"Keep it. You said you like this character."
Y/N smiled, patting the plushie character on the head and moving it closer to Yoojung.
"I don't like it anymore."
Yoojung huffed, pushing it into Y/N's arms.
"Oh. Is there something going on?"
Y/N asked, crouching to be at eye level with the girl
seated with the other WekiMeki members.
Yoojung suddenly stood up, pushing her chair back. She was a few centimetres shorter than Y/N usually, but she was wearing platform shoes that made her seem taller.
"I thought we were supposed to hang out like old times. Just you and WekiMeki. Isn't that what you wanted? Why did you bring someone else along?"
Yoojung suddenly snapped. Elly tugged on the younger girl's arm to get her to sit down but Yoojung wouldn't budge. Instead, she yanked her arm away from her friend and stormed out of the restaurant.
Y/N looked at the group of girls that stopped eating when noticing her staring at them. She heaved a sigh.
"Sit down and eat something. Umm.. I'll be back soon. Sorry, it'll only be a second."
Y/N spoke to Soeun, pulling out a chair for her.
She ran out of the restaurant, glancing left and right.
She couldn't have gone far.

Running aimlessly down a sandy pathway she stopped to take a breath when she heard someone sitting at the nearby park bench quietly sobbing.
Y/N slowly made her way to the girl, her eyes flickered to the already empty soju bottle and a half-empty one in her hand.

Already?

Crouching down on the floor to meet Yoojung's eyes that were currently facing down.
"Aigoo. Unnie you really made quite the scene back there. Tell me what's bothering you."
Y/N spoke whilst putting her jacket that was tied around her waist over Yoojung's shoulders since the breeze was beginning to get chilly.
The girl was quiet for a few moments before she placed her half-empty soju bottle down beside her.
"Y/N-ah. Hold my hand."
Y/N questioningly glanced up at the odd request but Yoojung instead just pulled Y/N's hands into her lap, playing with her fingers.
"I like you the most. Out of everyone in the world, even more than my parents. You're my favourite person. What about you? ...Who's your favourite person?"
Yoojung looked dead into Y/N's eyes.
"Unnie what are you saying? Let's get you back to the restaurant everyone must be so worried-"
Y/N tried to stand up onto her feet when Yoojung pulled her close.
"Do you perhaps like Kim Doyeon? Or Kang Rina? That new girl before? Or Elly Unnie? I don't want you to. Because ... I just don't like it."
Yoojung huffed, biting the corner of her bottom lip.
"Just like me."
Yoojung leaned forward from her position where her face was now rested on Y/N's upper stomach.
"Please... only like me Y/N-ah."
She whispered before her eyes fluttered closed.
"Stop doing this to me."
Y/N finally had the confidence to say after thinking that Yoojung had managed to fall asleep.
"Stop getting my hopes up, just to break it."
A single tear rolled from her eye. Little did she know the other girl felt a tear run down her cheek upon hearing the unexpected words run from Y/N's mouth.
...
"Hey, Yoojung unnie!"
Lucy pranced out of her bedroom.
Yoojung had her eyes squinted, with both her hands covering her ears from Lucy's sudden call., as she lay her head on the cold kitchen countertop.
"Do you even remember anything from last night?"
Elly asked, leaning over the kitchen counter to look at Yoojung.
"Um, I remember up until leaving the restaurant to look for soju at a nearby convenience store."
Yoojung confessed whilst guiltily hanging her head low but still tried to recall a few more details from last night.
"Wow, this Unnie."
Rina walked out of her room, overhearing the whole conversation that was going on outside.
"Last night, Y/N took you to your room right after she found you, wiped all your makeup off and everything."
Sei interjected, walking out of her and Rina's shared room.

Yoojung lifted her head up for a second to look at her members to confirm if they were really telling the truth.

"What time was this? Did she get home safely?" Yoojung immediately stood up from her seat, to get her phone to check when Suyeon pushed her by the shoulders back into the chair.

"Don't worry, she walked home with Soeun last night and texted me that they both got home safe," Suyeon confirmed, walking to Elly to give her a good morning hug, but making sure to hit the back of Yoojung's head before doing so.

"How will you live in future without Y/N."

"Ow. That hurt!" Yoojung pouted at Suyeon that stuck her tongue out.
....
Incoming call from ... Yoojung Oppa.

Staring at the roof the whole day won't do you any good, Y/L/N Y/N. Was she really serious about what she said? Or was she just drunk off her ass?

Y/N picked up the phone from beside her, blankly staring at the contact name for way too long before swiping decline and heaving a long sigh.

Yoojung stared at the sudden phone line that disconnected for the third time. That's odd. Is she mad at me?

A few hours later, Y/N had decided to go to the convenience store to just buy some dinner for herself on her rest day. Except on the way back, she found a certain girl sitting at her doorstep twirling their keys in their hands until they noticed the light in front of the door flicker on at the new presence.

The person stood up, tucking their keys in their side pocket.
"You didn't answer any of my texts or calls, is your hand perhaps broken?"
The person reached for Y/N's empty hand playfully to analyse it, only to have it be yanked away from her almost immediately.
"It's nothing. I'm just not feeling well. Go home unnie."
Y/N attempted to walk around Yoojung, but instead, the other girl put the back of her hand on the younger girl's forehead only to have Y/N flinch away from her touch.

"Y/N-ah are you here-"

Another voice came from the front of the house, making Yoojung pull her arm away and rather stare bullets into the girl that had appeared on Y/N's front lawn. Y/N gulped audibly, not looking behind to see the interaction between the two girls.
"Yoojung sunbae-nim... I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were here."
"Right. I didn't realise you'd have company..."
"Don't worry. I get why you would've lied."
Yoojung muttered monotonously, taking her arm further away from Y/N.