fifteen

"Minjeong", Jimin called the younger woman as soon as Minjeong set her feet outside from the bedroom with a big yawn.

A smile flashed on Jimin's face as she asked, "Do you want to go out today?". A confused expression flashed on Minjeong's face.

"Can we?", Minjeong asked.

"Of course we can".

"But, isn't going outside a bit too dangerous for me?", Minjeong asked as she walked towards the couch, setting herself right next to the older woman.

"It is. But I got you covered. Ten men will watch over you. Over us", Jimin nods again, assuring the younger woman as she pats Minjeong's lap gently with her hand.

A tiny smile formed on Minjeong's face. She has been waiting for this moment. Despite the terror that is awaiting and haunting her, Minjeong knew she couldn't help for missing the oitside world.

The last time she properly took a leisure time might be about two years ago, before she gor abducted.

"Where are we going, tho?", Minjeong tilted her head to Jimin happily. The smile never left her face.

"First stop, baseball?", Jimin suggests happily.

.

.

.

.

.

fifteen:
the secret

.

.

.

.

.

"Huh Yunjin's body was found", is the first word Jimin got to hear as soon as she woke up that morning.

Eyes widened and fist clenched, she asked back to the phone. "Where?".

"She was cemented inside on of the walls", the voice on the other line sighing heavily as the horror news made Jimin flinch.

What a sadist.

"Would you tell Minjeong the-"

"No", Jimin immediately cuts her chief words. "I would never tell Minjeong how they found her, and I won't tell her now that they found her", Jimin clenched her fist even more.

"Not when Minjeong still in her horror state. Not until that sadist psycho got caught. Not now".

*****
****
***
**
*

"Jimin..."

"Jimin?", Minjeong's voice was finally able to pull Jimin out from her thoughts as she startled by Minjeong's concerned expression. "What's wrong with you? I called you a couple of times".

"Nothing, Minjeong. Don't worry", Jimin shakes her head with her smile, trying to shrug the topic off. "Where are we again?".

Minjeong lifted her hand that is currently holding a metal baseball bat. "You gave me this, and when you tried to teach me how to hold it, you suddenly went blank", Minjeong furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you really alright, Jimin?", Minjeong asked again.

"I'm fine, and we are fine. There's ten men around us, remember?", Jimin assures Minjeong even more so she won't be worried about anything at all right now.

"Just focus on our date?".

"Date?", Jimin's word made Minjeong blush before the actress nodded back.

"Yeah. A date practically means when two people go out together. Isn't this a date?", Jimin chuckled as she looked at how flustered Minjeong became. The blooms inside her heart are uncontrollable.

Seing Minjeong, this cute up close.

"W-Whatever you wanted to call 'em!", Minjeong blushed as she scrambled to hold the bat properly in her hands, trying to brush away the giddy feeling that starts to sway her a bit.

"Now, tell me how to use this!", Minjeong shouted, trying to cover her embarassment. Jimim sneered once before smiling to her ears, coming closer as she slowly moved her hands onto Minjeong's.

"You should put your hands here", the actress held the younger woman hands, moving them slightly in position. "Yup. Just like that", before she nods happily.

"And then, you just need to swing it when the ball came", Jimin explained more, and Minjeong silently nodded from the instruction given.

When the fist ball shot towards her, Minjeong swang her arm but failed to hit on time. A pout formed in her face.

"It's okay", Jimin cheered. "Try to be a little bit faster after this", she formed her hand into fists, cheering Minjeong with her 'fighting' spirit.

Another after another balls shots towards Minjeong's direction, and she hit none. Pouts exchanged with cheering and sometimes laughter. Minjeong didn't even realise that somehow she created a banter between them.

"Come on, Minjeong. You aren't that weak, aren't you?", Jimin teased as her friend pouts in annoyance.

"Shut up. I'll hit them this time!", Minjeong's fighting spirit is on fire as another shots coming right after.

Persistent, Minjeong swing the bat all her might before a loud ping sound ringing at the tiny field. Both Jimin and Minjeong's mouth agape as they watched the final ball flew perfectly to the upper net.

"WAAAAAAH!"

The two women ran into each other's arms, sharing a celebration hug as they spun happily with their cheers. For the first time in many years, Minjeong was laughing happily out loud.

But when embarassment finally hits Minjeong, she immediately tries to pull out as her cheeks rosed. Her mouth formed into a thin, shy line.

"That's amazing", Jimin praised her with a warm smile on her face. Their arms are still around each other's waist. "Do you like this? I mean... baseball?", Jimin continued.

Minjeong was too shy to say a thing with how close they were with each other. Instead, she just asnwer her with a nod.

"I'll buy you a bat, so we could play anytime we want", Jimin chuckled before she tugged a strand of Minjeong's hair behind her ears

But, still. Minjeong didn't say a thing and just nod her head shyly.

"Are you feeling better?", Jimin asked again, and Minjeong nodded once.

"You know what? I called Aeri yesterday after your sudden solemn. I guess she gave me the right answer", Jimin smirked happily as her eyes warmly gazed towards Minjeong, who was still inside her embrace. Of course, the younger woman answered none.

Aeri was right. It is so obvious, and Jimin just couldn't ignore it.

Minjeong is being so obvious.

"Let me tell you a secret", Jimin nodded before she continued. "The one that I told you. The person I'm currently liking", Jimin smiled, and Minjeong kept staring at her with her trembling gaze.

Not until Jimin suddenly leaned in and gave a quick three second peck on Minjeong's lips before she said.

"It's you, Kim Minjeong".