six

Minjeong wants to die.

She really, really wants to die.

She may want to be alive, but now that she has lost her virginity to the monster of her captor, who raped her out of anger, Minjeong really really wants to die.

She couldn't believe what had just happened.

Her bones broke here and there. Her body is sore. The bleeding on her head is already dried, but it is still painful nonetheless. After one day, she couldn't get up. She just couldn't.

The floor at the basement room getting cold. It is almost Winter, and Winter realizes that if she can't move and stay unawake from the floor much longer, she will die.

The pain on her body will kill her.

But then again, she is locked. The fifty centimetres chain that secured her feet to the walls made it worse. She couldn't move. Her eyes got heavier. Her bottom body is still pretty naked. She is hungry. The pain on her body denies every possible movement to be made.

There is Minjeong. On the floor, waiting for her soul to be gone hopelessly.

.

.

.

.

.

six:
the effort

.

.

.

.

.

Being a NIS spy is hard. Once you expose your identity to a criminal, you'll never live your life the way you want anymore.

As a spy, identity is crucial. For now, let the people know that Yu Jimin is an uprising actress. If they knew that she is a spy with codename Karina, many would haunt her, kill her, wanted her to die in their hands.

Facing the fact now, Jimin becomes more frustrated than ever. Again, her identity is crucial. She couldn't go to the police and say to them that she put an eavesdropping device inside the dark house and heard what just happened.

She couldn't even go inside the house and save Minjeong by herself. Minjeong would want to dig more about how Jimin knew about this. Hell, her captor might catch them red-handed, and Jimin's identity might be revealed to the underworld.

That would be a hassle for her and for Minjeong.

The NIS agent couldn't easily just go inside and capture the unknown man and save Minjeong. Not all cops inside the police agency are trustable. Some might be criminals trying to mix up, hiding their true identity, like Jimin did. They would try to dig more into it, and Jimin identity might be in danger.

For now, there's only one choice.

Jimin pulled out her phone between her ruckus mind, sending text to her chief.

"There's a woman inside the house by the name Kim Minjeong. I heard it through the device. She was kidnapped back in 2021. This house probably belongs to her captor", Jimin typed.

"Tell the police that a bystander by the road heard screaming voice from the house, so they called police to check on 'em", she continued.

After a few minutes of worry and hesitation, she got a reply.

"Got it. I'll inform you of the update later".

Now, the only thing Jimin could do is just be calm and wait for the news.

****

Minjeong was lying down, lifeless on the cold basement floor when she heard knockings on the front door of the house above her.

She heard how her captor unlocked the door open with his usual fake, polite voice. But later, how shock Minjeong became when she heard who it was at the front door.

"I'm inspector Lee, and this is inspector Kim. Someone reported to us that they heard a woman voice shouting came from here. We just want to check things out", the two policemen at the front door said.

Minjeong eyes wide open. A cops? finally, after two years, this is the first time ever a cops ever came to this house.

"May we take a look for a moment?", the cops asked, and Minjeong could hear how her captor answered them with a short yes.

This is her chance.

Minjeong never felt her desire to be free as strong as this.

She could hear footsteps from the upper floor of the house. Minjeong wanted to shout to let them notice that there's a person here in the basement.

But does Minjeong conditions allow her to do so?

No, she couldn't.

Her body is injured so badly. She didn't get to eat or drink anything for now, almost three days. She loses all of her energy to move. Hell, she can't move at all. She can't even open her eyes properly, nor move her mouth to speak.

Minjeong is so lifeless right now.

Heartbeat fast, Minjeong is desperate. She want to let them know that she's here, under the basement floor, which the entrance is hidden under a big rug in the living room.

Minjeong wants to escape.

She wants to be free from her captor's grip.

Not until the footsteps sound slowly getting weaker and weaker, before she heard the policemen said to her captor again.

"We guess there's nothing wrong with this house", one of the cops said.

"I'm here! Please! Help me!"

"They probably just heard the voice from the movies I played on the TV. I guess I put it on too loud that they misunderstood things", her captor voice is too nice and too polite for Minjeong liking.

"I see. I guess that's it. Thank you for your cooperation".

"No..."

"No! Please, no! Please notice me here!".

"I'll make sure to put the volume down next time".

"No! Don't go! Please!"

****

The news didn't make Jimin happy at all.

"Did they even do their job properly? What-- They didn't find anything suspicious?", Jimin angered by her chief's word, walking in a circle with her hand swatting the air.

"They search through everything inside the house, Karina. Every door, every shelf, every cupboard. They couldn't find Kim Minjeong. There is no woman inside the house. The man said he only live alone--"

"LIES! HE LIED!", Jimin shouted to her phone. Her head might explode anytime sooner.

"Karina--"

"It is impossible! I clearly heard Minjeong's voice inside the house! She is there! She is inside, suffering, all alone! How in the world did the police not find her?!", Jimin ran her hand to her hair in frustration.

"Karina, listen. I beg you not to do anything stupid, or the entire agency--"

"I know! There are probabilities that her captor is an underworld member, and they might haunt us forever. But, Minjeong--"

"Karina, please. This is an order. We'll try to do our best to--", her chief couldn't even finish his words when Karina cut his words.

"I'm not going to let her stay there, dying all alone and in pain. You know what, chief? I'll fucking do it. I'll save her. I'll save her no matter what!"

"Karin--"

Jimin ended the phone call, before she sighed heavily in frustration.