18.

"Who was she?" I asked

"She's actually daughter of my father's friend. He insisted to keep her at work and train her to be the future holder of their company," he explained with a sigh.

"She seems to like you," I teased.

He looked at me with a stern face. "For God's sake, Shree, you are my girlfriend," he said, annoyed.

"Oh, come on, just look at her. She looks beautiful, doesn't she?" I said, controlling my laughter.

A gasp left my mouth when he suddenly held me by my waist and pulled me towards him.

"You are the only girl I find beautiful, and I don't look at anyone other than you. So stop praising others in front of me, and let's go," he said sternly, leaving me stunned.

He held my wrist, dragging me towards the elevator.

I looked around only to find everyone looking at us, shocked.

We exited my office building.

"Are we gonna walk like this all the way?" came Shreesha's voice from behind me.

I turned to her and gave her a confused look.

She pointed towards my hand, which was still holding her wrist.

"Oh, sorry," I said and let go of her hand.

"What happened to you? You seem stressed," she said, concerned, as she came forward and held my arm.

"Nothing, just workload," I replied with a sigh, not wanting to make her worried.

"Are you sure? You were furious just a while ago," she said.

I looked at her with a soft expression, and she had a look of concern.

"It's nothing. I just lost a deal today" I said, rubbing my temple. "I'm sorry; I just can't help it," I added with a sigh.

"Hey, it's okay. I know how it feels," she exclaimed, now hugging me and rubbing my back soothingly.

I hugged her back tightly, snuggling into her neck while she was trying to comfort me.