𝒙𝒗. a happy new year

Start from the beginning

sang yue hated wearing glasses. she thought it made her look like a nerd. which is why she only wore them when needed or needed to use her computers or laptops to not destroy her eye sight further. "okay let's do this again" jiaxu said. "don't. i'll pass. i having the takeout i ordered" she replied, picking on the piece of fried chicken that was in her noodles. "take out on new year? if you don't like crowds then just say so. the two of us can have dinner" he replied. sang yue pursed her lips to stop the growing smile on her face, her heart fluttering. she shook her head. she needed to get over him. "i don't feel like going out" she answered. "you still owe me a meal. are you trying to back out?" he asked. when he didn't heard her answer he added, "i'll book a reservation."

sang yue wanted to say she took care of him so it evened out but the words melted on her tongue. "you better get ready to come out" he ordered. she opened her mouth to say something but he cut her off. "i'm almost at your university." "fine" she complied. "good. i'll call you when i reach there" duan jiaxu said hanging up on her. sang yue sat there for a moment smiling at her phone. butterflies dancing in her stomach. god that was fucking attractive, she thought smiling. "why are you smiling?" she asked herself before she immediately got up and hurried to get ready. shoving the take out in the fridge. she immediately changed.

               𝐉𝐈𝐀𝐗𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 admit sang yue looked good. effortlessly chic in a pair of blue jeans and a pastel purple cardigan top. "here" he said passing a piece of meat on her plate. "thank you" sang yue whispered, feeling awkward around him. "why didn't you went out with your friends?" he asked. "they were going to central plaza" she whispered fiddling slightly with her necklace. "so i was right" the boy raised a brow. sang yue looked at him for an explanation which he gladly gave. "you do not like crowds" he said. his signature arrogant and cocky duan jiaxu smile plastered over his face.

"wipe that arrogant smile off of your face gēgē" sang yue rolled her eyes. "why should i? i am rightfully cocky" he smirked. "either ways yihe is too cold for me to go out" sang yue replied eating her food. "but you said yes the minute i asked" he said so nonchalantly, sang yue almost chocked on her food. "one jiaxu gē, it's because i owe you and second because you were almost at my university" she replied avoiding his gaze. "but i lied. i was still in office" he smirked. sang yue shot him an unimpressed look. "a liar. that's what i am adding to my list of insult for you" she pouted.

"eat more. it's my treat' he chuckled. sang yue's head shot up. "didn't we agreed this was my treat? what are you even treating me for?" she asked. "hmm let me think" he tilted his head as if he was in deep thinking. "for taking care of me at the hospital" he smiled at her. "jiaxu gē i did that because i wanted to you shouldn't treat me for it. i owe you a meal anyway" sang yue said. "what do you mean? are you saying you won't meet me after this meal?" he teased.

sang yue went quite. it wasn't that she meant to agree to him but she couldn't find an excuse. he sighed. "have some sympathy for this old man. you won't even have a meal with your gēgē" jiaxu exaggerated making sang yue smile slightly. "jiaxu gē you should start eating. you're very talkative today" she snickered. "it's not everyday i get to have a meal with you so what if i want to talk more" his said before eating. sang yue shook her head at his words.

"let's talk about you" he said as sang yue's eyes widened slightly. "how are your classes. do you like them?" he asked. "i do actually. i really do. do you know my professors always praise about me to everyone" she boasted. "is that so?" he asked smiling at the younger who nodded. "are you also popular?" he asked again. "yes, infact very much. lots of people confessed to me and sent me love letters" she said nonchalantly. duan jiaxu's stomach churned and he had no idea why. it was probably because of his surgery right? because why would he be bothered that sang yue is very likeable.