003

The young boy, Lao'an, spoke calmly, "Now that 'you've agreed to play,' you'll become Chen Meng Mei in this world, where everything is as real as in your original world, including pain. So, be cautious with your choices and actions to ensure the success of your mission. You only get one chance, so please be wise and take care of yourself."

If just like earlier, Xin Yi would rather roll her eyes and dismiss Lao'an's words, perhaps rolling her eyes. However, at this moment, she could only nod solemnly, fully grasping the seriousness of her situation. This was not just a virtual game; her decisions carried genuine consequences.

"As your assistant, I'm here to help you, but I also have limits," Lao'an explained. "My influence will only depend on the gravity of the events happening. I will try my best to warn you and provide clues, but ultimately, everything will depend on you and the course of the mission."

"Eh! Wait, what kind of assistant is that? Why do I feel like you might just abandon me to face this alone? Lao'an, you can't do that. I need to go home," Xin Yi exclaimed, her voice on the verge of tears.

Trying to reassure her, Lao'an quickly explained, "Miss Xin Yi, you have to trust that until the end, we're companions. I'm here as your assistant..." 

(°ー°〃) <— Xin Yi's face while listening to the boy's words.

"...Now, according to our agreement, you can only come home and regain your original body once you meet the following missions," Lao'an declared.

"First, as Chen Meng Mei, your role is to become the greatest villain of all time. You must cause great suffering to the female lead."

"Can't I do something else as Chen Meng Mei? It sounds like you just want me to fail."

Taking a deep breath, Lao'an responded, "Xin Yi, that's just how the system set up this special thing. People chosen like you are meant to be the bad guys all the way to the end."

"Does that mean I'm assumed to lose in the end? I don't want to be a villain who never wins. Isn't that boring?"

"But you are Qiang Xin Yi, you've got the power to turn the tables and make sure you come out on top. Don't worry there are numerous ways for villainess to cause great suffering to the female lead. You must be creative and seize every opportunity that presents itself."

'Is that supposed to be an assurance? It doesn't seem so ' Xin Yi's own thought, processing the information, as she felt a wave of unease wash over her. She understood that this wouldn't be a walk in the park.

"The second mission," Lao'an continued, "is to achieve Chen Mengmei's long-cherished wish. Uncover her desires, no matter how deep they lie, and bring them to fruition, even amid the darkness."

"And the third mission?" Qiang Xinyi's voice trembled with uncertainty.

"You shall not meet your end without fulfilling the first two missions," Lao'an explained. "Once you've accomplished them, you can face your resolution in the hands of the male lead. But be cautious, for being a villainess attracts enemies who seek your downfall."

"..." So you just want me to meet Grim Reaper! இ௰இ

"What if I suddenly die without accomplishing those two missions or I have completed those missions but my death wasn't by the hands of the male lead?"

"Then, do not expect you can still come home and be able to clean your dirty room. "

"... " This little twerp! (っ °Д °;)っ

"For now," Lao'an replied with a mysterious smile. "Good luck, Qiang Xin Yi, or better yet, good luck Chen Meng Mei!" Qiang Xinyi rolled her eyes playfully, a mix of decisiveness and dread filled her heart. 

All she knew right now was she was born to be a villain in someone else's life!