What went wrong

Zacznij od początku

"Yeah knowing you, if you knew there will a drama you would go there before even the drama started-"

" And I would be the last one to leave" Sam finishes the sentence for you

You know he is not like that. If he were here, he would support you no matter what and won't leave your side for a moment. He is a great guy.

"Thank God I convinced you to take that mission or you would lose the opportunity for nothing"

"I at least got to see some drama"
You laugh at his statement.

"Seeing your face I take it the mission was a success?" I raise an eyebrow

"I could be faking it you know" I roll my eyes. Sam continue "the secret mission was a success and you won't believe what happened"

"Don't tell me you ran into Emma Watson"

"Oh I wish! No seriously. This is big"

"What is it!?"

" I got promotion!"

"Oh my god! Sam that's so great. Congratulations!!" You quickly hug him

"Thank you y/n. I really needed this."

Sam is the man of his family. He has a sister, Sarah. She has two kids. Her husband died 4 years ago leaving her with two kids with no money. Sarah is a hard working woman. She is doing a lot small jobs to feed her family but she don't take money from Sam. Still Sam forcefully give her. Sam's income isn't that good to support his sister's family and himself. Plus Sarah tells him to save up for his future. For his future wife and kids. Sam stays busy most of the time with missions and their parents died when they were young. Sarah lived a tough life. Completely alone with two kids.

Sam didn't tell us much about his family until few years ago cause that's what we do. We people risk our life to make this world a better place, risking our and our love one's life. So we do not talk about it much. Who knows when we give wrong person our important information. So it's better to keep our mouths shut.

"We are really happy for you" red headed girl tell Sam

Then we all went to kitchen. Finding everyone in here. We all talk until the food was ready. Wanda, Bucky and Vision cook today. Vision might be an Android but he is great at cook.

As Wanda served the food. Thor bring Loki. He enters and we shared eye contact. His eyes stayed in my eyes for a moment then he look me up and down making blush. He is wearing a black shirt and pant. Hair looks good as always.

He sits and the tension in the room grows. Nobody is talking, everyone is eating silently. You can easily feel the tension in the air. You almost laugh. A few years ago from his moment, things were so different. You were actually happy. You all used to laugh and talk during eating and Loki was included in that moments. Thinking about your past make you wonder what went wrong.
What? Why everything changed like those happy moments you used to have won't happen anymore. Why? How?

Why? How? Cause he broke your heart. He let go of your hand. He left you standing there alone. And he didn't just do it once not twice many times. He broke his promise, your trust too many times that you don't think it can be happen anymore. Cause there is nothing to break. Nothing is left. God of mischief. He really have to live up the name right? He could be more than this. He could be better. He could do anything but live up his god damn name. You hate him. You hate him for it.
~~

After dinner you go to your room. You find your bags already placed in there. Tony must have been bring your bags whilst you were talking to Steve, Nat and Sam.

You aren't feeling sleepy so you decide to go to rooftop. Cold air hitting you making shiver. Suddenly you are wearing a white sweater.

"I would tell you if I needed anything" you say coldly knowing who did this

"It didn't seem like that" Loki come out of the shadow then stands besides you but keeping distance

"I don't need your help, Loki Laufeyson"

"Oh using full names, aren't we darling?" Loki says with cocky smile

"Don't call me that" you snapped

" Don't tell me you don't feel anything when I call you that" now that cocky smile from his face is vanished now

I scoff "You love it right?" I look at his direction tilting my head.

"What?" His voice can tell you he is confused

"Playing with people's feelings. Making them think you care about them but in reality you don't give a shit about them!" Tears are threatening in your eyes

"N/n i-"

"That's y/n for you" you say through gritted teeth

"Y/n I had to leave you if I didn't, you would never be able to see me" Loki explains quickly

"It didn't happen for first time,did it? You did it too many times! You faked your death too! Did you know what that did to me?? To Thor? To your mother?"

"I just had to do it y/n"

"Why!?"

"I did it for you! I did it to protect you!"

" Bullshit!"

"You won't understand" he mumbles

"What?" Your voice is calm now

"What went wrong y/n" he ask himself looking down his eyes are pacing back and forth

"Oh you don't know?"

"This is not supposed to happen
y/n. We still have time to fix it. Please let me fix it. We can be together like we used to be. Happy. In love. Together. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Please give me a chance. I-i can't live without you." He begged, eyes pleading

"Can't you see? We are never ever getting back together?"

"P-please"

" We are like water and oil Loki. We don't mix together."
You stop for a moment. "This isn't the first time we are doing this"
you motion your hand between you and Loki.
"You wanna know what went wrong? Fine, let's know it from the start. From the very first day. Day one."

"What?"

You walk towards him, closing the distance. Loki frowns at your action but he takes a steps forward.

"Read my mind" you order him

"No"

"Yes, Loki. Do it. Go through my memories"

"I can't do this. You don't know what are you asking for."

"I know what I am asking for. I know that if you go through my memories, I will see the memory you will be seeing.We will both see those memories together. I will go through the pain again" a tears finally escape from your eye

"Yes. That's why I am not doing it. " he says looking down

"Do it Loki. Please. Let's see what went wrong"

~~~~~~~

~M~