𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰.

Start from the beginning

Apparently, Bo-Katan and Boba Fett did not get along. With their different views and perceptions of the armor they were wearing, the two were a ticking time bomb. But Aeryn couldn't help but think about Din Djarin.

With these new Mandalorians he had come to know, what could possibly be going on inside his head? Surely, there must be some clashing thoughts beginning to brew inside his head and it must feel...confusing. And if anything, Aeryn knew that confusing things aren't really Din's strongest suit. If it comes to it, she just hoped that Din would approach her if he needed anyone to sort his thoughts with.

"Come on, Aeryn," Din appeared from beside her, snapping her out of her trance. "We need to get ready."

The violet-eyed girl only nodded and followed behind the Mandalorian.

The rest of the crew had just finished discussing how they will invade and dominate Moff Gideon's imperial light cruiser. They settled with Boba Fett staying with his beloved ship as well as Dr. Pershing while Bo Katan, Koska, Fennec, and Cara will serve as a distraction; then, Din will slip through and get the kid. That was the part Aeryn found tricky.

Where does this leave her?

Din led the two of them to a small weaponry room. The walls were filled with a variety of blasters and Aeryn was sure enough that so were the cabinets and closed small compartments. She was beginning to think that Boba Fett was a force not to be reckoned with. No pun intended.

As Aeryn began to admire the blasters in front of her, Din–who stood in front of her–swiftly pivoted to meet her gaze. In one fluid motion, his hands reached for hers, closing the distance between them with a single purposeful step.

Much to her surprise, Din was no longer wearing his helmet and this time, Aeryn was able to appreciate her lover's features for the first time.

The way his dark fluffy hair was disheveled, his thin mustache, the wrinkles in the corners of his face, and his beautiful brown eyes–Aeryn was certain that she had not seen anyone else this perfect.

"Stay here," the words left his lips reluctantly, yet with authority. "Wait 'til we get back."

This snapped her out of her trance. "What?"

The Mandalorian remained silent, his hands caressing her palms. His head dipped towards her direction, the intensity of his gaze domineering as his brown eyes locked onto her violet ones.

"Din, this is our child that we're talking about. You can't not let me help you take him back–"

"I just got you back." Din cut her off. " I don't plan on losing you again."

Aeryn couldn't discern which pained her heart more deeply—the sharpness of Din's voice or the unsettling notion that, even if only briefly, he would not be able to bear losing her once more. Whether by choice or circumstance, the mere contemplation of how profoundly her absence would impact him shattered her heart.

After being alone most of her life, this is the first time someone was so scared of losing her. It oddly made her both happy and hurt.

"You won't." she cups his cheek in a frail attempt of consolation. "Din, you won't lose me. You know that."

Din gently placed his hand atop Aeryn's, which cradled his cheeks.

"You're too hurt. Rest is what you should do, not fight."

"Din," Aeryn, as gentle as she could, tightened her grip on his cheeks. "You know what I am capable of. I won't get hurt–at least, not drastically. You have my word."

"Not drastically?"

"We both know that we'll both get hurt no matter how hard we try."

In that moment, the Mandalorian knew that their small disagreement was a lost cause. He would never be able to resist his girl, after all.