Chapter 8: Summertime Swimming (part 2)

Hey guys I'm back with part 2. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I thank all of you for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it. Anyways, to the story!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(y/n)'s PoV~

After a while, Bill started to get tired so he slowed down and plopped himself down on the floor against the chair besides me and Dipper. Mabel still seemed to have tones of energy though. "Mabel are you even tired?" Bill asked while panting. "NOPE!" She yelled while she hid her camera. I used my hand as a fan because it was getting pretty hot in the shack, like not at normal temp. "Hey guys, does it seem hot in here or is it just me?" I asked while still fanning myself. "Yeah now that you mention it, it is getting pretty hot in here" Dipper replied while turning on the news. "This is the hottest day of the summer! Today's a great day to go to the pool and have fun! Oh, and also beware of random wild fires" the news reporter on the TV said. After that we heard Grunkle Stan screaming from the kitchen, then what sounded like a fire extinguisher. Dipper and I headed to the kitchen to check things out and saw that there was an ashy place on the floor that a wild fire must of happened at. We headed back to the living room to tell the others something. "Hey guys, do you wanna head to the community pool?" I asked. "Yeah/Sure/Alright" is what they responded with. I even told Grunkle Stan and he agreed to come with us.

So we changed into our swimsuits, and I went home to change into mine of course, then headed to the community pool. When we arrived, Stan went rambling on about the 'perfect chair', so me, Dipper, Bill, and Mabel went to the pool. I saw Mabel staring at something and I waved my hand in front of her face. "Mabel? Earth to Mabel" I said, a bit confused why she was staring. "Hold on, I'll catch up with you later" She said with a smile and starting to swim away. "Ok?" I was still confused until I saw her swim up to a dude with a red/pink raft with long brown hair. That explained everything. While I was zoned out, Bill and Dipper grabbed my arms and pulled me in. "Woah-!" I yelled before I fell in. We all laughed and had a good time, it also seemed like Mabel did to. She was hanging around with that guy all day.

Soon it was time to go home. We all got into Stan's car and we drove off back to the Mystery Shack. On the way there, I couldn't help but notice tiny shadows running along the trees. I just shrugged off the thought and yawned. I looked over at Bill and Dipper and saw them glaring at each other every once in a while. Although I didn't know why. Mabel was having a giggling fit with all my confusion towards the boys glaring. I just sighed and continued to stare out of the window. ((Again reader-chan, so clueless XD))

~Time Skip to the Shack~

We finally reached the shack. "Ahhhh shack sweet shack!" Mabel said happily while smiling and spinning around until she grew dizzy. I giggled and helped her up. "Thanks (y/n)" Mabel gave me her classic smile. "No problem" I returned a smile while walking into the shack with her. "So Mabel, do you know why Bill and Dipper kept glaring at each other when we were in the car?" I asked her while we entered there room. "OH! I KNOW THAT! It's because that Wipder apd Pill lique vou" (Dipper and Bill like you) She couldn't finish what she was saying because Dipper and Bill came up behind her and covered her mouth, preventing her from speaking. "Hehe...." Bill said while looking a bit nervous. "Well I'm gonna go downstairs now.." I said a bit awkward to get away from this weird situation. "Lick" Mabel licked Dipper's hand which was covering her mouth, and Bill's hand was on top of Dipper's. "Ew! Did you just lick my hand?" He wiped his hand on Bill's suit top. "Hey!" Bill shouted at Dipper. Mabel looked at her arm. "Oh look at the time! I better get going!" She giggled nervously and ran downstairs. "What's up with her?" Bill asked Dipper. "I don't know, it's Mabel. We never really know what's going on with her. Only sometimes though" Dipper replied.

~Mabel's PoV~

Ok time for plan 'Bring Mermondo to the Ocean' to come into action! I hurried up and snuck out of the shack meaning, I pushed Bill and Dipper out of the way to run downstairs and out of the shack. I ran over to the golf cart and hopped in and started the engine. The wind in my hair! the intensity coursing through my veins! The chance of death by crashing! The- ok that's enough of my driving montage! "IM ON MY WAY MERMONDO!!" I scream while arriving at the public pool. "Mabel! Hurry! Grab the cooler in the pool supplies closet!" Mermondo instructed. "You got it!" I said while running over to the pool supply closet, opening it and grabbing the cooler. I filled up the cooler and let him hop in it, then I brought the cooler into the back of the cart. "Alright! Plan 'Bring Mermondo to the Ocean is a go! Again!" I yelled while pumping my fist in the air.