Chap 21: Promise Sealed

Start from the beginning

I walk back to him, "I'm here", I say with a smile.

"You excited?", He asks with a smile of his own and I nod.

He leads us into the water and it's so cold. "Woah", I say as we walk in further.

"It's gradually gonna get warmer", he says. Of course it will, you're so hot I'd wonder why it wouldn't.

"What?", He asks and I realize I've been staring at him, at his body to be precise.

"Uh.. um.. it's uh.. nothing", I say. My God Abby control yourself.

He chuckles and in one swift movement he splashes water on my face. I'm taken aback by the cold water hitting my face hard.

I look at Noah and he's laughing. Oh I'll show you, you hot stuff. I move to him and when he notices me coming with a determined face and a mind of revenge he starts backing away.

In the lead of my revenge I totally forget that Noah is actually an athlete and I'm equivalent to a slot who has an F every semester in P.E .

I stop moving and start panting. With all the splashing I've been doing I haven't managed to get water on Noah but he's been able to make me look like I've been under the rain since noon.

"Noah", I call out with a whine.

"Yes princess", he says smiling and I frown because I can tell he actually wants to laugh.

"I can't get you", I say and he nods.

"I'm fully aware", he says and I whine even more.

"Just let me hit you this once", I say and he tightens his eyebrows like he's actually thinking about my meaningless offer.

"Hmm ok but on one condition", he says and I sigh. Should have known this wouldn't come free.

"What's that?", I ask.

"You'll tell me whenever someone hurts you.. and I'm not exempted", he says, "Cause I know I can be a douche sometimes".

I look down at my hands covered by Noah's jacket. If I was a bit shorter they wouldn't show. I look back up with a sigh, if Noah knows half of the things people have done to me then the whole school is gonna hate me and I'm not sure I can deal with that. I've made it this far without his help so I can do it.

"No", I say and he raises a brow indicating that he'd like to know the reason for my answer. "What're you gonna do? You'll only make things worst", I say.

"You're wrong", he says and then swims to me, "I'd make things easier", he tells me and I gulp at the proximity between us, it made my legs weak. I'm so glad we're in the water.

"I..", I'm so stunned that I can't talk. Noah takes my hand, puts it into the water and slowly takes it out and unto his chest, placing water on it. I watch it glisten due to the sunlight. He leaves my hand on his chest and without thinking I let it go down touching his abs. Again I'm so glad we're in the water because this would be too much to handle when standing.

"Promise sealed".

He takes my hand away and moves closer. My breath hitches and the once cold water feels warm underneath. He's so close it's almost like I'm on fire. His face is just an inch away and I can't stop myself from looking at his lips. I'm surprised when he looks down at mine too.

Noah lowers his face and I close my eyes with the words pinch me going round my head because this can't be happening, right?.

The clouds rumble above us and Noah pulls away and I'm left biting down on my unkissed lips. I look up to the sun and realize it's not there anymore. Now it's covered by dark clouds, guess we were too hooked up on our business to realize that.