Part 6

Noa's PoV

Hayden. My first thought every morning should be my boyfriend Shawn. But it isn't. It's Hayden and I just don't know how much longer I can do this. I can't hide my feelings for Hayden forever. It's like the longer I'm around Hayden, my worries about what my mom would think about it just fade away. Would my mom be that upset? Im happy with Shawn... I am! I can feel everyone's eyes on me as I'm getting ready for class, this thing with Karen just won't go away. I'm standing at my locker changing my books for my next class when I can feel a presence beside me. I close my locker to be met with Shawn's unhappy gaze. He leans against the locker next to mine "You blew off all my texts and you lied to me" he crosses his arms and looks at me. I release a sigh and turn to him, leaning against my locker "what? I didn't lie to you Shawn. I spoke with the girls for a bit then I fell asleep" I try to convincingly say to him. "You didn't tell me about that screening because you knew it was wrong. It was a lie by omission. Since when do you not send me a good night message? Whats going on Noa?" I can tell by his tone how fed up he is with how distant iv been lately" makes me wonder what else your lying about". "What the fuck does that mean?" I snap at him keeping eye contact, our heated conversation capturing everyone's attention. "I hear your using again. That your test came back positive. You also told me you barely knew Hayden Adams, then every-time you see her you give her this look iv never seen. The tension between you two is heavy Noa, so what's going on?" He's desperately looking at me now. "I'm not using. The test was false and came back a false positive. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt about that" i sass back at him trying to avoid the Hayden conversation till I can figure this all out. "I want you to stay away from Hayden Adams Noa. She's bad news for you" i furrow my eyebrows shocked at him thinking he can decide who I hang around with. "First Shawn, your just my boyfriend, you don't get to decide who and who I don't hang out with. Second, she's not bad news, Hayden's amazing so don't you dare try and make out she's anything but ... and third I'm so done with this conversation" I turn round hearing him sigh and shout my name as I walk down the hall in the opposite direction of Shawn.

Hayden's PoV

"You want me to go where with you?" I ask my sister, absolutely gobsmacked by what she just asked. "I want you to come with me to a building outside of town, the building that Angela was found in" she says as she grabs her coat and bag from our room. "And why are we going there? It sounds creepy and I don't like creepy Imogen. I don't even like the dark" i exclaim throwing my hands in the air. "Please, don't leave me to go alone. The minute your uncomfortable we will leave" she says as she stands at the door waiting on me. I huff and stand up, straightening my SnapBack "fine, but if I die you need to bury me, I want to be buried with my black snapback and my board" she laughs and grabs my arm before we leave our room and head to the bus.

As we stand outside the clearly creepy and abandoned building I turn round to Imogen "I'm uncomfortable .... Let's go" I point back towards the bus stop. She laughs slightly and starts walking towards the doors of the building... the building covered in graffiti, not a single window that isn't broken. "Imogen, this could be a homeless persons house and we are just rocking up and walking straight inside. Oh look a clearly abandoned car with 'abandon all hope ye who enter here' written on the side of it ... what a welcome Imogen" I follow slowly behind Imogen trying to convince her not to go in. "Well then they wouldn't be homeless now would they? Stop coming up with excuses! Come on you cry baby" she laughs just as we approach the door. "Stop calling me a cry baby over that one movie. It was sad. Bambis mom didn't have to die. It's a Disney movie it should be happy" I rant as we enter the abandoned building. We pull open the door that gives an ear burning screech .... Of course it did and leave it slightly open behind us. As we walk into. The building another abandoned vehicle with writing on it 'Angela waters rest in peace' with the peace scored out and 'pieces' written instead. I turn to Imogen who is walking beside me looking at everything "I loooove what they done with the place, dirt, dust and another creepy van" an uneasy feeling coming over me. I look to Imogen to see her gravitating towards a creepy shrine that's been put up for Angela waters when a loud bang sounds from behind us causing Imogen to gasp. We both quickly turn round to have a look but see nothing "and you called me the cry baby" I joke to Imogen who smacks me on the arm. We both turn back round to look at the creepy ass shrine then Imogen kneels down to look at something. I then hear something outside, like someone dropped something, I move not too far away from imogen to look at the other door that's blocked by the van when another screech is heard and the door opens. I look to imogen, who looks up at me frightened as I motion for her to get into the back of the van. When Imogen's in and laying down in the back of the van, I quietly follow in behind her and lay down too. Both of us trying to look out the windscreen unnoticed. When a guy...a big guy... wearing blue overalls... and a Halloween mask... with long scraggly hair... walks in through the doors. I look over to imogen who looks terrified. He slowly starts walking into the building. I try to keep eye contact with imogen and try to keep her calm when a rat starts squeezing at her feet. Imogen gasps as I scoot over to her and place my hand over her mouth. With the gasp and the sounds of her feet trying to kick the rat away drawing the attention of the creepy guy. He starts walking over towards us until he's right up against the van. Looking down at imogen whose eyes are filled with tears. My heart is hammering in my chest and just before he reaches the door, a dog barks outside. Im still holding onto imogen, trying my best to keep the both of us quiet as he turns around and leaves. We sit there for a couple of minutes until I'm sure he's well gone. When I release my hand from Imogen's mouth she gasps let's out a ragged breath. We then slowly and quietly begin to climb down from the van and out of the building.

There's not one thing said between us until we get back to the house. The minute we get up into our room, Imogen sits on the bed. "What the fuck Imogen? Who the hell was that?" I whisper shout hoping Mrs Hayworth doesn't hear us downstairs. "I don't know Hayden, iv never see him before" she whisper shouts back whilst looking at the ground ... Imogen's classic tell of the fact she's lying. "We are never and I mean never going back there. Not together or alone. Promise me Imogen" I kneel down in front of her as she sits on her bed. I need her to promise me she won't go back there. " I promise I won't go back there Hayden" she says as she lifts her gaze from the floor to me. "Ok, I'm going to nip out for a bit .... Not back there I promise. I need to swing by school and get my assignment seeing as we bunked today. Will you be ok?" I ask looking at her as I grab my board. She nods her head "yeh Hayden I'll be fine, I'm not going anywhere but maybe ... the bath" she jokes "see you later" I smile back and leave our room.

Noa's PoV

"Shawn no, I'm not in the mood" i swat Shawn's hand away from my ass. We are lying on my bed right now after he invited himself over AGAIN. He throws his head down in a tantrum "Noa, what is it? We have sex once and then you don't want to do it again?..." he then picks his head back up leaning on his elbows and starts pushing the hair away from my neck, leaving it bare. "Shawn stop..." I wine pulling away from him. He then leans forward to my ear "I haven't stopped thinking about how good you looked na..." thankfully at that point my bedroom door opened and my mom stood there shutting Shawn up. "Shawn... Noa ... not in the bedroom." She says pointing at the both of us, oh mom you don't have to worry about that, it's not happening again. "Sorry Mrs olivar we are just studying I promise" Shawn says so sickeningly sweet and kiss ass to my mom I nearly vomit. "Don't let it happen again, Shawn it's time to go. Noa dinner will be ready soon and we have a guest" she says smiling as she leaves my room ... obviously leaving the door wide open. "Your moms such a cockblock" Shawn moans from beside me, filling me with rage. "What is it with you? It's like all you think about is sex. Youv pestered me for months about it and now that we did have sex it's like that all you want to do. Honestly sex is over hyped Shawn" I rant climbing off my bed and walking towards the door hoping my mom didn't hear my out burst. "You didn't enjoy it? Its not all I think about Noa, I also think about football!" He retaliates without thinking. "So your saying all you think about is sex and football? Where exactly do I come into it? As a person Shawn?" He stands there mute looking at me. Regret all over his face "you know what ... we need a break. I need a break from you. So please leave" I state whilst pointing at the door. He stands there gobsmacked "what do you mean a break Noa? Like I'll see you tomorrow or?" I cut him off and walk out towards my front door, my mom standing in the kitchen witnessing our altercation "no Shawn I mean, I need some time just me. I need some time alone. I need .... To be single. So this between us is over" I watch him as his face shifts to anger. He starts stalking over to me "your mine noa. You think I'll let you break up with me? You were nothing before me Noa and you'll be nothing without me" he shouts as he nears me. My mom quickly coming in between us "you heard her Shawn. It's over and it's about time you left" she stares him down as Shawn quickly backs down. He holds eye contact with me the whole time as he opens the door and leaves. My mom quickly turns round and pulls me into a hug which I reciprocate. "I'm so proud of you mija. He wasn't the one for you" she strokes the back of my head as a knock at the door grabs our attention. I can tell we both think it's Shawn by the look on my moms face. She points to me to hide round the corner as she moves and opens the door "oh come in come in. Dinners nearly ready" she fusses to someone "Noa come greet out dinner guest" she shouts. I come out of hiding and turn the corner when I'm met with our very welcomed dinner guest "hi Hayden" "hi Noa" I reciprocate the ear to ear smile and feel my cheeks blush.