10: Christmas-eve.

The Christmas Eve celebration was always held at the Mikage household due to its spaciousness, allowing for a larger gathering. Mr. Mikage ensured everything was perfect before his son's friends arrived.

Nagi was the first to arrive, mainly because Reo had dragged him along, and then Jinpachi dropped Ohara off. Mikage was engaged in a conversation with his son's soccer coach while Reo welcomed Ohara inside. Nagi arrived bearing gifts that were yet to be wrapped.

"You could have stopped by my place so I could have wrapped them for you and then brought you here, Nagi," Ohara said, kneeling next to the towering Christmas tree that almost reached the ceiling. She was wrapping Nagi's cleaning utensil kit, which she had bought on his behalf.

"I don't think Nagi really wanted to bother about it that much," Reo remarked sarcastically, assisting Ohara. Nagi, engrossed in a video on his phone, remained oblivious. As others arrived, the three of them engaged in small talk about everything from soccer and school to upcoming vacation plans.

When Reo mentioned vacation plans, he hinted that he wouldn't be going with his parents, leaving her curious about his intended announcement once the others arrived.

"Well, Ohara, what's in this big box?" Reo asked, noticing a nicely wrapped, large cylindrical box with three holes.

"An owl."

"An owl?" Reo raised an eyebrow, peering into one of the holes. "Is it aggressive? Does it bite?"

"I don't think so. I fed him and tried to bond with him," Ohara explained. "And it seems to have worked. But just so you know, this cylinder is actually a cage."

"Wow, I wish my name had been picked by you," Reo mused, trying to catch a glimpse inside. "You always manage to get everyone their favorites."

"Well, instead of waiting for someone to gift you, you could just buy everything yourself, right?" Ohara chuckled. Reo turned his head to see her already finished wrapping of Nagi's gift, placed on under the Christmas tree.

"But that's not the same," Reo sighed. "I enjoy it when friends gift me my favorites; it shows they really care."

Pouting slightly, Reo sat beside her as she propped herself up on the armrest of the sofa to face him. "Just because I didn't pick your name doesn't mean I don't care about you. I love each one of you equally, you're like my brothers, and I care for all of you equally."

"You're lying, Ohara-san," Nagi interjected, observing the interaction between the two. "You love one of us more than just friends."

"One of us?" Ohara looked puzzled, glancing between Reo and Nagi.

"No, he means someone from our circle of friends," Reo clarified, causing Ohara to clear her throat and avert her gaze. "See, we didn't lie. It's Chigiri, isn't it?"

Reo smiled, noticing the genuine happiness on Ohara's face, reminiscent of how she used to be before.

"Actually, um... I don't think the others will mind me sharing this with you guys first," Ohara began, causing both Reo and Nagi to furrow their brows in curiosity. "Well, we've started dating."

"Since when?" Reo asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Last week," she shrugged. "That's why I mentioned earlier that I doubted my uncle would send an invitation, given his suspicions about us dating or having something between us."

"Well, it was pretty obvious that you two had feelings for each other," Reo chuckled, causing Ohara to blush. "The way Chigiri looked at you, it was like you were the most precious treasure he had before him. We even teased him about it at times."