09: Snowfall

"Rock, paper, scissor."

"Yayyy! I won, I won." Ohara cheered, while Hyoma facepalmed. "A horror movie."

"What are you guys really doing?" Kunigami, who had been silently observing the two classmates' rock-paper-scissors match that ended up in a draw many times, finally resulting in Ohara's win, inquired.

"Actually, we do this sometimes to decide who gets to choose the movie we'll watch next," Hyoma explained, turning to face them, a mirrored action by Ohara. "This time, she won, and once again, I'm going to be stuck watching a horror movie."

"Are you scared?" Rin raised his brow, catching everyone by surprise with his engagement in the conversation, a departure from his usual quiet demeanor.

"No, I just don't prefer getting startled by eerie music," Hyoma admitted. "Are you a horror movie fan like her?"

"Well, Rin is a die-hard fan of horror movies," Ohara explained. "There was a time when we watched horror movies together, one after another, and sometimes we even watched more than one movie, right?"

"Yup, I actually do enjoy horror movies!" Rin confirmed as Ohara turned towards him. "They always give me such a thrill and keep me on the edge of my seat. They can be exciting and give you a good scare."

"See, Hyoma? I told you the same."

"But the first time we watched together, I felt like every sound when it's silent was going to scare me," Hyoma shook his head.

"Wait, when did you start watching movies together?" Kunigami asked, finding it peculiar.

"Well, we had a sleepover at my place—"

"What?" Both Kunigami and Rin reacted in unison, surprised by this revelation. They were aware that the pair had become good friends after being seatmates, but a sleepover wasn't expected.

"Wait, who was planning a sleepover at whose house?" Bachira chimed in, sitting right on the desk next to Kunigami. With a teachers' meeting for the whole school, the students had some free time.

"I love sleepovers," Isagi added, settling on the desk behind Rin. Despite half of the class being outside playing games, they decided to stay inside and catch up on missed lessons, but ended up having a casual chat as usual.

"Unfortunately, Chigiri had one at Ohara's house," Kunigami explained, prompting Bachira and Isagi to react similarly, but more loudly.

"Ohara-chan, why didn't you invite me?"

"Did Ego-san really allow it?"

"Yeah, he did," Hyoma confirmed. "But we were having a good time until his brother suddenly appeared."

"Well, well, that's hot news," Bachira teased. "I thought you guys were dating, but how did Ohara's ex-boyfriend show up?"

"We're just friends!" Ohara flushed, and Hyoma echoed the same sentiment, both of their faces redder than tomatoes. Their friends couldn't contain their laughter, sensing there were unspoken feelings between them.

"Well, back to the story," Rin interjected, his curiosity piqued. "What was he doing at your house and when?"

"Well, I wanted to ask you about that, Rin," Ohara looked at Rin. "Did something happen? Last week, he came to talk to me."

"And late at night, Ego-san had to punch him," Hyoma added.

"What!?" Bachira shrieked, while Kunigami and Isagi's eyes widened upon hearing this. How did they never know something so juicy had happened last week?

"Ego-san punched Sae Itoshi?" Bachira repeated, as if needing clarification.

"Yes, he was persistent to talk with me," Ohara sighed. "And Uncle was furious; that was the first time I saw him that enraged."