Chapter 13 Young Justice

Começar do início

Hal's connection to the ring was strong, the same as any other lanterns. They didn't need to have it on them to be able to control it.

Hal was the same as he slowly got up from the bedside and walked towards the table.

He picked up the ring and gently slid it on his finger, his toned and well tanned figure still completely buck naked as he turned around.

"I'm going to go use the bathroom really quick". He said as he moved towards the bathroom door. Carroll watched all this with a normal expression while giving a slight nod, finding nothing unusual.

She sat on the bed with her womanly features covered by the blankets, a little deep in thought.

While she didn't deny that she was somewhat attracted to the fearless test pilot that was Hal Jordan, which was the reason that led to this moment being possible, Carroll just couldn't bring herself to have a real relationship with him.

After all, he was her employee at Ferris Aircraft and her image and reputation needed to be upheld.

So this situation would most likely be a one-time thing, similar to a one-night stand. While she was debating her choices, Hal quickly emerged from the bathroom, less than twenty seconds after going in.

"Hey um… I'm truly sorry about this, but I just got a crucial call while I was in the bathroom. Something serious happened and…. um… I.... Have to go. Deal with something important.... So…"

Hal said awkwardly as he quickly put on his clothes. His words came out incoherently, as he didn't really know how to describe the situation. After all, this wasn't some random chick he just happened to hook up with.

No, she was his boss from work, which made the situation all the more awkward as he struggled to find an excuse to justify his departure. Carroll just looked at him with a blank stare as her eyes drifted towards the table where his phone laid.

He didn't go to the bathroom with his phone, so.... she saw through his rather pitiful attempt of an excuse immediately, while the Hal didn't even notice in his haste.

He had just received an alert from cyborg that the alien they've been searching for all week was right in coast city. Hal took it upon himself to respond immediately.

"A…. Friend of mine, yeah, he got into something big and I gotta go help him so…. I'll call you". And with that, he closed the door and ran out of the building in a hurry.

Carroll didn't say anything, just sat there deep in thought.

Hal, on the other hand, moved a considerable distance away from the luxurious building with hasty steps. When he surveyed the area to make sure there were no cameras and no one nearby to accidentally witness his transformation, his ring glowed green and his body sported the black and green colored later uniform the following second.

Hal immediately took off into the air, heading to the point where cyborg had sent to his ring.

"You just had to show up today, of all days, didn't you? God, so help me, if I lay my hands on you, I'm gonna…." Hal muttered ruthlessly in frustration as his figure zoomed away.

...

Amari POV

Meanwhile, at a certain café in coast city

Ten minutes before the alert.

The soft music of classical Beethoven played within the establishment, which at this time of night gave off a rather soothing feeling to those who sat there. Whether they were on their phones, Laptops or just chatting with friends, family or acquaintances.