Introduction

"Talk"

'Thought'
_________________
"Paulie Franchetti, that fucking parasite..."

In the darkest part of New York City, a young 20-year-old man was seen sitting in the backseat of a fancy black car, being driven around by two people who appeared to be loyal to him, evidenced by their reactions to what he said

"He's an asshole alright, won't argue against that."

"Maybe you should take over, we all know you have potential, Jimmy and Vinnie said so, hell, even your old lady thinks you're good enough to become the new boss."

The two men in front both agree that the young man in the back has promised to become the next Mafia Boss, much better than the current one. However, that only made the man sigh in response and shook his head.

"I'd rather not think about that for now..."

With all that said, everything went back to silence, with the only sounds being the driving car and the sight of the passing lights, all the stores and restaurants closing up, random people heading home, and a random naked child who seemed to be petting a stray skinny puppy.

"Stop The Car!"

The last one really caught his attention, enough for the driver to press on the brakes, much to their confusion. However, the young man didn't answer their confusion, as he quickly got out of the car.

"Hey, what are you doing out here, where are your parents?"

The little girl didn't even look up at the man who now stood behind her, asking her questions about what was going on.

"I don't have parents, I am own by the government."

What she said immediately had confused the man even more than he already was

"The government?"

The man didn't know if that was code for parents or whether she was being serious about what she said.

"Correct, but they're not very nice to me, so I ran away in hopes to get away from them, which is the answer to your 2nd question."

Though what she said made him go wide-eyed.

"When you say they're not nice to you, what do you mean by that?"

"... I'd rather not be reminded of that, so please refrain from asking me that question..."

After hearing that, it was enough to let the young man know what she was talking somewhat, even if she was being literal or not about being own by the government, it was clear that she was treated in such a way that made her run away, naked no less, it was enough to make him shake and clench his fist in anger, but he was able to keep calm, taking a deep breath, and the slowly letting it out, as if preparing himself with a decision that might change his entire life

"What's your name?"

"I like the name Makima, so please call me that."

"I see, well then Makima, my name is Jackie Estacado, and would you like to live with me and Jenny?"

"... What?..."
__________________
Takes place 1 year before the first Darkness game, 10 or so years before the Devil Hunting was created, and 15 years before Denji was found, I have plans but I am open to suggestions and advice on how to make this story work, also sorry if Makima origin sounds a bit vague, I tried looking that up but I couldn't find anything, so I hope you don't mind it.

(I don't know about you, but Makima gives me "Daddy Little Girl" vibe, which is cute thought to be honest lol)