30

Genevieve

The party was the same as all the other parties, except Jack stayed with me most of it. He seemed happy to be able to call me his girlfriend now and I thought it was pretty cute.

He was driving me back to my house and I was just humming along with a song on the radio.

"Is it cool if I stay with you tonight? I was planning on being at Johnson's but you saw how that was." He chuckled and I looked up at him.

"Yeah, that would be fine." I took in his features and just everything about him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He smirked after a little bit.

"You're hot." I laughed and I was blushing a little, but it was so dark he couldn't see.

"You're not too bad yourself, babe." He put one of his hands on my thigh and rubbed circles on the outer part of my thigh with his thumb. It made my skin heat up even more and I placed my hand on his.

**

"How do you still look that hot with no makeup on and you're just in a t shirt and shorts?" Gilinsky wrapped his arms around me as I got out of the bathroom.

"Stopp." I smiled and pushed him away from me.

*Next Friday*

I have been avoiding pretty much everyone the last couple days. It's not like they did anything to me, but it's my mom's birthday today and my dad called and said he wouldn't be back for it. Every year my father and I go to my mom's grave and just stay there remembering her and everything she did while she was with us.

She was such an amazing woman, even if I didn't know her very long. I feel terrible we can't both go this year and visit her, she deserves it.

Johnson, Gilinsky, Sammy and Zoe have all tried talking to me. I mean lucky me I have good friends, but I wish they would stop. Zoe knows why I am off and she keeps telling me my mom wouldn't want me to be sad or her and I could go and visit her. She just doesn't like when I'm like this, but I miss my mom.

I told her not to tell the guys and she respected that and so she hasn't told any of them, which I am grateful for. I hate when people feel bad for me and I know that's exactly what they would do.

I got to my house, luckily without being caught by any of my friends and them asking a 1,000 questions about what's wrong with me. Although, as soon as I walked in the door the group of four was in the kitchen. I started walking out to my car when Gilinsky caught up with me.

"Gene, c'mon." He almost begged while the rest followed after him.

"I have something to go and do, but thanks for coming." I started opening my door when Gilinsky pulled me back.

"Not happening." He picked me up and put me in Zoe's car.

"I'm serious, thanks for being good friends but I'm busy today." I tried getting out but Gilinsky sat in the car too, pushing me to the middle and Johnson got in on the other side of me. Zoe and Sammy then sat in the front.

"We're going on a little trip, Gene." Zoe rubbed my arm.

"Are you guys really kidnapping me?" I was pissed now.

"No, Gene just please trust us." Johnson turned to me.

"Guys, please just stop saying my name." I then noticed how they were looking at me and why they would be here. "You told them, Zoe?! Why?" I punched her arm and she didn't even look at me.

"Yeah, because they deserve to know. They are your best friends too now." Zoe sounded pissed like I was now.

I just crossed my arms and cursed under my breath. "Language." Sammy sighed. I rolled my eyes and stopped talking for the entire time.

I was pretty angry right now to say the least, but it all honesty I was just sad. I mean it's great to be around them again, I just knew they all felt bad for me and that makes me pretty angry. I don't know if it makes sense but that's how I felt. I can't stand when people pity me.