Chapter Forty

(Dawn's POV)

"If we can distract future Grace for long enough, Nora and I can get back in Grace's head with the help of Uncle Cisco and convince her to take the cure. Once she takes it, future Grace will cease to exist." I explained. "That will save everyone in the city from the cure she plans on using to wipe us out."

"Really great start, but how are we supposed to distract Grace long enough?" Dad asked, looking between Nora and I.

"And didn't you two get physically thrown from her mind the first time?" Uncle Cisco asked, giving the two of us a skeptical look.

"We plan to take a different approach this time." Nora said, glaring at Uncle Cisco. "As for distracting Grace? I'm not sure."

"Okay, we have part of a plan to work with." Mom said with a nod. "Part is better than nothing."

"She is right." Aunt Iris said, walking into the cortex. "I think I know a way to distract Grace."

"How?" Dad asked.

"She's looking for the final piece of the device she's making, right? Well, if we can get our hands on it first then we can bait her with it. The longer we can keep her, the more time that Nora and Dawn have to convince little Grace." Aunt Iris explained.

"Another small issue." Uncle Cisco said, raising his hand. I rolled my eyes. "We don't know where Grace is keeping little Grace.

"Oh, there's a cabin in the woods." Nora shrugged. "Dad gave us the coordinates before we came back."

"How convenient." Uncle Cisco said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"It really was." I said dryly. "Now, what is the final piece she's looking for?"

"A cryo-atomizer." Uncle Cisco spoke up. "It's the only thing she could really use to administer the cure to everyone in Central. It would be able to send it into the atmosphere. Everyone would breathe it in."

"Fuck." Mom sighed. "There's only one place you'll be finding that."

"Your mom's lab." Aunt Iris said, nodding. "Barry, how about you and dad go and see if you can't persuade Dr. Tannhauser to let us borrow it. The rest of us can stay here and work on the plan."

"Do you want to come with me?" Dad asked, looking over at mom. Mom looked almost like she was going to say yes, but eventually she shook her head.

"I think it's best if I stay here. You know how mom and I get." She sighed.

"I do." Dad chuckled. He pulled mom into a hug, kissing her before he ran off at super speed.

"Let's perfect this plan." Aunt Iris said, smiling at Nora and I.