𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗻 𝗗𝗼𝗲 (𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿)

Start from the beginning

"Man versus bus. The bus won. Check out the left arm," Callie said.

Mark assessed the left arm as the patient crashed. "He's crashing again!" A nurse yelled.

Derek walked into the room. "What do we have?" He asked, looking for an answer.

"We got roadkill," Mark said. He flinched as Bella kicked him. "What?"

"He stepped out in front of a bus to save someone's life."

"He's a hero."

Bella looked to Mark. "Can you fix his arm?" She asked, wanting to make sure their patient got the best treatment possible.

"Fingers are already blue. If it's gonna happen, it's gotta be in the next few hours," Mark told them.

The patient crashed again. Derek spoke. "Pupils blown. Stop CPR. Give me a cranial drill please. Bella, want to practice your burr holes?" He asked, looking to Bella.

Bella nodded and sighed. Derek nodded. "Stabilise his neck please nurse. Okay. Hand her the drill. Okay. Go in slowly. When you feel it grab, stop. Cause otherwise you're gonna be hitting the brain. Okay. Let's go,"  Derek told her.

Owen suddenly stopped Bella. "Pull it back! That's it!"

Mark smiled. "That's enough. Nice work Bella. I'm gonna go get some bacitracin for that face," he said as he left the room.

****

Grace looked up as Bella walked in. She smiled. "Hey you. Where you been hiding?" She asked as she smiled.

Bella shook her head and sighed. "Well... Mark and I are bickering over him asking me to move in. So I freaked. And now I'm thinking... why do things need to be complicated," she said.

Grace rolled her eyes. "You and Sloan are even more back and forth than me and Derek. And we've been at it for so long."

Bella took her hand. She smiled. "How you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm okay. I think I'm okay anyway. I don't know. I think I'm sort of okay. I'm not normal. I'm best friends with you. So I am definitely not normal, I'm tired. And my head feels achy."

Bella kissed the top of her head and smiled. "I'll let you get some rest. We have a John Doe who got hit by a bus pushing someone out the way."

"Oh gruesome. I miss all the good cases."

"You'll bounce back soon. You're Grace Grey."

****

Mark found Bella who was doing sutures on Amanda. Amanda looked to Bella. "Do you think he's going to make it?" She asked.

Bella smiled. "I hope so. What he did, he's a hero," she said, looking to her.

"He really has to  make it."

"Oh! Dr Sloan."

Mark checked over Bella's sutures. He sighed. "There's going to be too much tension. Start over and do a layered closure," he told her.

Bella smiled to Amanda. "I'll be right back," she said as she stood up. She walked over to Mark. "Can I ask a question about that?" She asked.

"Okay."

Bella nodded and sighed. "Okay. You brought up moving in together. I put it off. But I never said yes or no. And now you're embarrassed. You won't make eye contact with me. You feel like I have all the power in the relationship. But I don't want to have that power. I want to share. I'm happy to share. Can we skip this part?" She said as she looked to him.